Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

The LEs in recent years save for the Allones are not that impressive. I had a Cohiba 1966 today. I was told by Davidoff's staff the other day that the Cohiba 1966s are ready but they are (in my opinion) not the least bit better despite the aging.
I find that almost all of the LEs are in fact just a gimmick. The tobacco isn't that much different than what they put in their regular editions.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I find that almost all of the LEs are in fact just a gimmick. The tobacco isn't that much different than what they put in their regular editions.
I am a sucker for thick dark wrapper.:p Today was a cigar tasting event. I had a Juan Lopez Supreme regional edition for Canada in 2011 but only arrived in HK. Before that was a Upmann Connoisseur A. Brought a box of Sancho Panza belicoso and a box of La Fleur de Cano Selectos which have very thick dark wrappers. Also won three regional edition cigars from the lucky draw.

Yesterday were Cohiba Siglo 6, Vegas Robania Familiar, Monte #4 and La Fleur de Cano Selectos.
Wow! That is really smoking man! That would take several hours to get through for me. :p I just had one lousy CAO OSA Sol. I was not impressed as the smoke went on. When I cut the head, I figured something was wrong when I saw a few stems peeking out. The draw was fine but the burn was a bit off. It started off ok with kind of an Oak note but it just got sour and acidic as went on. I had to abandon it with about 1/4 left. In short, IT STUNK! For the price it was a real screwing!:doh:

Blackadder

You should post the menu that accompanied that cigar feast.
I was just having a number of cigars at different places. I met with some friends after they attended a small cigar auction that day. The day before was the launch party of the Canadian regional edicion in HK. Obviously, they were having difficulty selling them in Canada. Just finger food and wine.
Hoyo Grand Epicure and Partagas D4 today.

Last edited:
I was just having a number of cigars at different places. I met with some friends after they attended a small cigar auction that day. The day before was the launch party of the Canadian regional edicion in HK. Obviously, they were having difficulty selling them in Canada. Just finger food and wine.
Hoyo Grand Epicure and Partagas D4 today.

That was y kind of day. :p
The D4,the quintessential robust. :D

Blackadder

Vegas Robaina XV Aniversario Canadian Regional Edition 2012 (slight toffee and choco that is typical of Vegas Robania however nothing a regular Vegas Robania can't offer) and Monte #4.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Are you referring to the new sizes? The Edmundos, Petite Edmundos and Double Edmundos are nothing like the old Monte. As for the Monte #4, the recent box is fine as far as taste goes but a good number of them are packed really tight. The first three were difficult to draw, so I used the tools. After that, I picked out a few not so tightly packed ones and returned the rest.

Are you referring to the new sizes? The Edmundos, Petite Edmundos and Double Edmundos are nothing like the old Monte. As for the Monte #4, the recent box is fine as far as taste goes but a good number of them are packed really tight. The first three were difficult to draw, so I used the tools. After that, I picked out a few not so tightly packed ones and returned the rest.

Yes, the ones you mentioned have changed over time. Less rich and typical of the breed. Then they decide to reduce the lines of the still good ones like Juan Lopez :doh:

Blackadder

Yes, the ones you mentioned have changed over time. Less rich and typical of the breed. Then they decide to reduce the lines of the still good ones like Juan Lopez :doh:
They are freeing up the production so they can make the new sizes and the ever-increasing regional edition. Today was another Monte #4 and another La Flor de Cano selectos

Blackadder

Great. Neglect the basic tried and true but go for the gimmicks. :doh:
From personal experience, people are moving towards very large ring gauge i.e. over 52 and super robusto sizes. Yet, these new super robusto are not that robust on account that most new smokers can't handle strong smoke. There are also some odd new sizes like the half corona which is basically an almost finished stub to me.:eusa_doh:

From personal experience, people are moving towards very large ring gauge i.e. over 52 and super robusto sizes. Yet, these new super robusto are not that robust on account that most new smokers can't handle strong smoke. There are also some odd new sizes like the half corona which is basically an almost finished stub to me.:eusa_doh:

A robusto that isn't robust?! That is nuts. Some of the new sizes kill me. That is one of them.

Interestingly, I just got a call from friend that I gave a Cain Straight Ligero to. He said he got about 1/3rd into it and then had to put it down and go lay down. :rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925