Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
joya de nicaragua antano with three years or so in the hole.
When i first smoked one of these i thought they where to bland for their strength. 3 years has mellowed them out quite nicely and I really appreciate their unique and complex flavor, cinnamon, earth , chicken soup(yes chicken soup, a flavor noted quite often in vintage cubans), nuttyness , a nice thick molasses touch and that great nic wasabi zing. All and all a great smoke to stuff in the humidor and forget about for quite a while, a good aging cigar for those looking. Burns like a champ too.

jeffconnors said:
joya de nicaragua antano with three years or so in the hole.
When i first smoked one of these i thought they where to bland for their strength. 3 years has mellowed them out quite nicely and I really appreciate their unique and complex flavor, cinnamon, earth , chicken soup(yes chicken soup, a flavor noted quite often in vintage cubans), nuttyness , a nice thick molasses touch and that great nic wasabi zing. All and all a great smoke to stuff in the humidor and forget about for quite a while, a good aging cigar for those looking. Burns like a champ too.

Well, you certainly can tell what the rollers had for lunch then. ;) :p

SteveAS

Practically Family
I hosted a little poker game last night and smoked a Nicaraguan Puro Regadio, which a friend brought back from a recent trip to Nicaragua. It was surprisingly good. I also smoked a 2002 Cohiba Seleccion Reserva piramide, which was surprisingly mediocre.

This morning, I smoked a 2006 Partagas Corona, which was unsurprisingly good.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tonight a Trinidad #5 while grilling and a JdN Antano Dark Corojo after dinner. I'm not sure who won, me or the cigar. :D

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Barnyard twang? :p lol lol lol I think I know what you mean though.
It is an overlooked brand.

I know you know what I mean James. ;) :D ;)
It's that manure/hay/great tobacco aroma you get from great Habanos cigars.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Smokes

For some time I've been avoiding some of the newer smokes on the market in favor of my tried and true favorites. cuban bolivars, partagas solomon and some of the old standards and I realized I had beome something of a cigar snob(shame on me). I've really been enjoying some brands that I feel are really great smokes I really like the cain f, desiel, perdomo habano, and most of the rp stuff. I really believe some of the new brands are equal to if not better than my beloved cubans (am I alone in thinking this). if you had told me 10 years ago that someone would put out a cigar made from all ligero leaf and it would actually be a smooth tasting stick I would have laughed. now if only I can get my hands on a gurkha centurian for a good price. lol

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Had a Gurkha G3 while taking my dog for a walk on the beach. Life can't get any better than a good cigar with a faithful old friend on a clear, starry night on the beach :)

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Picked up 2 Gurkha Warlords at the Cigar Shop this evening. One went down beautifully with a tall Turi (vodka). The other will meet its demise tomorrow while I'm at an auction.

Kid Mac

Practically Family
J.F. Germain & Sons Medium Flake -- pressed Virginia tobaccos -- in a Peterson Aran bulldog.

Mac

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran