Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

HHISIII said:
OK, I need y'alls help.
I've found an available space that is 99% perfect for the cigar lounge I plan to open early Q1 2011. I've established lines of contact for the various wholesale accounts I'll need (except Drew Estate, it's almost like they don't want to sell their crap) and I'm working up a business plan for my potential landlord. The space is a little odd and could be a hassle to rent, but for the area where it's located, it's about $6/sqft less than average.

So, here's the help I need. I need suggestions for a smoke mitigation system. The site is ground floor of a multi-level unit and while it has its own air handler, this is still a concern. Something suitable for a sub-1000sqft area is what I'm seeking. This is the only substantiated concern the potential landlord has as I intend to pay the first years rent up front.
The other thing I'm having issues with is a name. The site is divided almost ideally to carry a small, high-end selection of antiques and the like. I plan on everything from vintage and new Dunhill lighters to modern art.

Before anyone bashes my idea as stupid due to the 'recession', the site is in a high end shopping strip outside of a plantation with an average home price of ~1.5m. The market is there and I'm not the only one assured of that fact.

I don't think it is a stupid idea at all. There really is a market for places like that because of smoking bans everywhere. A centrally located place would be great for lunch time, after dinner and the like. High-end is what I would expect from a Cigar Lounge and Antique Emporium. I have thought of doing that myself. The name would be something like Corona Corner or just plain Smoking. :D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First cigar in almost two weeks. A 601 Green corona. I've had a nasty cold and maybe pneumonia.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Well, I have to go present a rough plan to my potential landlords tomorrow, then he'll make his decision. The property is owned by two guys, one of em is 99% sold as he is an avid cigar smoker and has to drive a few miles currently to get one, this site is right downstairs from where he works. I've not yet met the other. Steaming a Robert Graham dress shirt, finding a pair of cufflinks to match, shining my testonis and trying to pick which sportcoat to go with:rolleyes:

BobC

CAO Lx2 toro tonight. A very good and full flavored cigar, but I had issues with the wrapper cracking right from the start. It cracked when I toasted the foot and kept on cracking until I tossed it half way through.

Optionseeker

New in Town
Smoked a pipe for the first time tonight! After reading lots of info here on FL and a few other sites, I strolled down to the local tobacconist and bought an inexpensive corncob (Missouri Meerschaum) and a small bag of a flake blend .

Very enjoyable and I found the ritual to be relaxing. I think I'd like to try an aromatic blend next.

BobC

jamespowers said:
An old hot toddy recipe was to place a derby at the foot of your bed and drink until you see two. ;) :p

I used to be able to do that. Not sure I can anymore.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
An Oliva Black Pearl and a Sammy Oktoberfest while sitting in a hammock chair next to the lagoon outside my house.

Think I'm gonna drop a little $$ and buy a box of some Gurkha variant from Thompson...

DesertDan

One Too Many
RP Edge corojo - Toro

RP Edge are my "old faithful" I like them all, they aren't too expensive and while I have had a few over the years that had some flaws, for the most part their quality is very consistant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR