Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Having a La Traviata tonight. I needed a full flavored cigar to go with a new full flavored scotch, Aberlour a'bunadh, I believe is correct without the bottle here in front of me. It's a sherry cask aged, bottled at cask strength and non chill filtered Speyside. It's delicious along with the CAO.

jporgeck

Familiar Face
Gurkha

Smoked a Gurkha Grand Reserve on Venice Beach after a few cocktails. Unquestionably my favorite cigar to smoke these days.

The weather was near perfect all day untill the sun went down.

rikrdo

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
Try the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero series. Nice and strong. ;)
Rumor has it that there might be a decent amount at the QM event this May. ;) :p

OH MY Goodness !!
I'll have to stock up now so I'll have decent smokes to pass around :eek:

Burned a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte on the Putting green.
Cigar still will not burn right (had em for about 4 years now) and my putting stroke is still as bad :rage:

rikrdo said:
OH MY Goodness !!
I'll have to stock up now so I'll have decent smokes to pass around :eek:

Burned a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte on the Putting green.
Cigar still will not burn right (had em for about 4 years now) and my putting stroke is still as bad :rage:

Actually there will be a few boxes available for the cigar seminar by a notable "expert" I understand. :rolleyes: :p
Do you mena the cigar doesn't burn evenly or much at all? Sancho Panza is not exactly my favorite brand. I have had problems with them myself. [huh]

BobC said:
Having a La Traviata tonight. I needed a full flavored cigar to go with a new full flavored scotch, Aberlour a'bunadh, I believe is correct without the bottle here in front of me. It's a sherry cask aged, bottled at cask strength and non chill filtered Speyside. It's delicious along with the CAO.

Good pairing for a good price. I think I would have gone with the PSD No. 4 if it were me though. ;) :p

rikrdo

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
Actually there will be a few boxes available for the cigar seminar by a notable "expert" I understand. :rolleyes: :p
Do you mena the cigar doesn't burn evenly or much at all? Sancho Panza is not exactly my favorite brand. I have had problems with them myself. [huh]
Well,
this particular box of robusto sized gars has been problematic since they first arrived.
Time will sometimes fix this this issue but not with these.
Unregular burn.....runners........channelling.....all NO Good.
Can not recommend

OTOH:
I had a pipe parfait this morning..........layered Uhle's 300 with GL Pease Cumberland
Dee- lish

rikrdo said:
Well,
this particular box of robusto sized gars has been problematic since they first arrived.
Time will sometimes fix this this issue but not with these.
Unregular burn.....runners........channelling.....all NO Good.
Can not recommend

OTOH:
I had a pipe parfait this morning..........layered Uhle's 300 with GL Pease Cumberland
Dee- lish

I am guessing this wasn't a Sancho Panza from that exotic little island. ;) :D
However, I have had the same problems with cigars from there---just different brands. The Por Larranaga Montecarlos must have been rolled by blind people because about half of the box were plugged. So figure that you are at least able to smoke those Panzas. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner