Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

For the Jubilee I made Martini's the traditional way! Very yummy!! I blogged my guide to making the perfect Martini if you want to look :D

Www.themarilynadventures.blogspot.co.uk

India
X

I like a much drier Martini than the recipe calls for. I let the gins see the vermouth and that is good enough for me. :p
Actually, I have a vermouth mister:
31qwmc6DGEL.jpg

Three sprays per drink is good enough. My friend and I have devised the spicy martini where we add one or two olives stuffed with spicy red peppers to the aforementioned drink.

I do love the Hamm's Bear. Remember the 'motion lights' they used to have for advertising? Where it looked like the water was moving and such? I have always wanted one, but cannot find one for under 300 bucks.

I do love the Hamm's Bear. Remember the 'motion lights' they used to have for advertising? Where it looked like the water was moving and such? I have always wanted one, but cannot find one for under 300 bucks.

I got one for free. :p I bought it off of eBay and it came all crashed up. The insurance paid off and just told me to keep it. I fixed it. :p It is the 1956 TV style one:
Hamms%20Beer%20sign1.jpg

The water ripples. :p

[video=youtube_share;yrLrflzKIyk]http://youtu.be/yrLrflzKIyk[/video]

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
He likes his Martinis dry I take it. :p
[Almost wave the bottle over the gin dry. You should have been there when he ordered a dry martini and the bartender thought that meant he wanted extra vermouth!

Geez, why don't y'all just call it Gin, 'cause it ain't a Martini anymore!
And yet we miss it if we are out of it. He pours a little vermouth in the glass swirls it around and pours it back into the bottle.

[Almost wave the bottle over the gin dry. You should have been there when he ordered a dry martini and the bartender thought that meant he wanted extra vermouth!

And yet we miss it if we are out of it. He pours a little vermouth in the glass swirls it around and pours it back into the bottle.

EXTRA!? Get the rope!

That sounds about right. Coat the glass and throw the rest back in the bottle. :p

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like Cold Gin. Works for me. :p
Vermouth tastes like medicine. No need to ruin perfectly good gin with it. :p

Ah James, you sound a little like me, I HATE VERMOUTH. I don't hat Martini's, I hate Vermouth. I tried making Manhattan's and I hated them too. Wet, dry, don't matter. Gin and Tonic is where it's at.

Tonight I had a schooner of Bass ale with swordfish and veggies. Gotta love a place (Fish Tale's in Long Beach) that has thee beer sizes, 16 OZ, 20 OZ, and 32 OZ. Makes it more difficult to stay thirsty my friend.

Later

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy