Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For sipping neat anything from Foursquare is possibly worth a try. Located somewhere between Cubans and Jamaicans like Monymusk and far away from any dentist´s joy like Don Papa, Zacapa...

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
tmp_m5JYUP_a0127fc24beaeef0_IMG_8343.JPG

real deal Mexican Michelada

1961MJS

Hi
Red beer with Zing Zang is great stuff. what's the red powder around the top of the glass? Pity to waste the Modelo on red beer in a way. We usually use nothing better than PBR.
Later

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
Hi
Red beer with Zing Zang is great stuff. what's the red powder around the top of the glass? Pity to waste the Modelo on red beer in a way. We usually use nothing better than PBR.
Later

In north-central West Virginia, and I'm sure other places too, there's a popular drink known as a redeye. Simply a domestic beer (Iron City 1st choice) and tomato juice (Campbell's only choice). One summer while a student at Fairmont State I poured drafts at the M&H Tavern. The redeye was the most popular drink, especially with the locals coming off work in the afternoon.
The Michelada could be thought of as the Mexican version of the West Virginia redeye, but waaay more spicy. There are numerous recipe's, but all include lime, hot sauce and a glass rimmed with Tajin, a mixture of ground chili peppers and sea salt.
If in the Mid-Ohio Valley go to El Mariachi Restaurant and ask Mariah to pour for you her very own outstanding Micheleda. You'll not be sorry.

1961MJS

HI
I drank a Modelo Tamarindo Michaelada and didn't like it very well, but I go through a quart of Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix with PBRs as my summer drink. Mow the yard, drink a nice German Stein with 2 cheap beers and lots of Zing Zang. The Modelo wasn't gross, but to me a waste of a tasty beer. I'll try the Tajin with it too.
Thanks

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
HI
I drank a Modelo Tamarindo Michaelada and didn't like it very well, but I go through a quart of Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix with PBRs as my summer drink. Mow the yard, drink a nice German Stein with 2 cheap beers and lots of Zing Zang. The Modelo wasn't gross, but to me a waste of a tasty beer. I'll try the Tajin with it too.
Thanks

I think what you ended up with was a Chelada :eek: as opposed to a Michelada. There's a difference. But with the Zing Zang, I'd say yer definitely on the right track. Good luck to you! :)

1961MJS

I think what you ended up with was a Chelada :eek: as opposed to a Michelada. There's a difference. But with the Zing Zang, I'd say yer definitely on the right track. Good luck to you! :)
Thanks, I ASSUMED that Chelada was just the last part of Michelada, dang and I've never been wrong before. It was the Tamarind that I didn't like with beer. I've had Tamarind drinks that were good. I found a picture of the can, and it was a Chelada Tamarindo.

OK, looked it up, most of the Mexican restaurants in Okieland serve their beer with salt and lime, but they just say "Salt and lime?".
Later

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ