Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you guys make of this?

I'm not worried about how it looks as much as I am that it will spread or get worse. any advice on something I can use on it to keep it from getting worse?
Are they really deep? I'd ask the maker "what if?" Will he/she make good on it if they split apart? That would help me decide...

schitzo

Suspended
rather than you putting on something now to prevent more tears perhaps they could have put something on that area before it was folded and sewn? Just a thought.

This is not a disaster, though that said, for me it isn't a desirable look either. But if everything else is good and it fits you well then if it was me I'd probably just try to forget about those tiny little tears. Perhaps just write them off as an imperfection unique to your jacket?

And if you're offering, I won't say no to another 5 photos of you wearing the thing!

cheers
Schitz

Stand By

One Too Many
My ANJ-3 has this on the cuffs - and I don't mind at all.
As the reply states, and IMHO, it'll blend in with the wear and scuffs to come and merely adds some unintentional character; but that's me as my jacket was originally wartime issue and was traditionally in harm's way and it's the look I want. I also fully expect that many originals had this effect too. But if your jacket is a civilian model, I think you're more entitled to feel differently.
The lines are fine, as you say, but not deep. The strength and integrity of the leather doesn't seem even remotely compromised and it adds to the unique character of my jacket, I feel.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Well, funny thing...I decided not to let it bother me when I realized that it will have other scratches, bumps, scrapes, etc. on it after a few weeks anyway (as some of you have stated here). So I start wearing it around the house last night, and I noticed it was feeling large in the shoulders. Hadn't really noticed this at first since he got the sleeve and back length measurements that I specified spot on. Anyway, whipped out the tape measure and turns out the jacket's a size larger elsewhere than I ordered. So, I've got a brand new problem, and this one's non-negotiable...it's gotta go back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart