Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ohairas said:
What a wonderful thread, this has been great! Nice to meet all of you!

I gained 75 pounds while pregnant and I'm just now fitting back into my vintage garb, so don't have pics to show in that! But here I am in a Titanic dress I had made to celebrate my weight loss~
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ohairas/album/576460762343342963

Nikki

Great job! Where was that staircase picture taken?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Tony! The pics were taken at the traveling Titanic Exhibit on the anniversary of the sinking in St. Louis. We weren't supposed to take pics, but well.. you know. It wasn't like I was taking pics of real artifacts or anything!

There is a new permanent museum in Branson, MO and I cannot wait to go. I called to see if they allow pics and they said they would even have their staff take them for us! They have a tilted deck to walk on and all kinds of cool stuff, I believe you can go up the stairs as well. I have to drop a few more pounds first tho to fit into my vintage ball gown from 1910. http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ohairas/album/576460762343323401

http://www.titanicbranson.com/

Nikki

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
GOK said:
Gosh, you weren't very far from me then! Great photo!

LolitaHaze said:
Doc... it is nice to put a face with a name finally! ;) And what a good face it is!

Ladies, you flatter me. But please, keep right on doing so - compliments from such beauties as yourselves are jewels to be treasured!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Thanks very much! That's me with one of the big wheels at Duxford.[/QUOTE]

Nice wheels too:) :)
What about the jacket...is it, what I think, Luftwaffe???

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
Nice wheels too:) :)
What about the jacket...is it, what I think, Luftwaffe???

It is indeed an Eastman Luftwaffe jacket, of which I am very fond.

(Trousers are Indy Magnoli's 'Expedition', and the hat's a Federation.)

TabbyKat

New in Town
Well, Hubby and I finally took some pics last night. We got all dressed up and went to pick Mum up from work and then to have some coffee and pie. It was a very good night, lots of fun. Strange looks were given, as well as comments on how "classy" we looked. So, this is what we look like. :)

This is my darling. The hat was handy as he is bald and it was downright chilly last night!

Picture202.jpg

This is me. The little capelet (sp?) was made by Mum. Its interesting to wear because it has a mock-sweater guard. It is hard to put on without wrecking the hairstyle! (as you can see!)

Picture205.jpg

And thats us! :p

Hondo

One Too Many
Great pics, they say digital photos add ten pounds to ya, that how mine tured out:eek:
Some of you got class/style, thanks to all for sharing :eusa_clap

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
Benny Holiday said:
What a great thread. This is about the best photo I could find, I don't have a digital camera or scanner so I have to make do with photos from my guitarist's collection. That's ol' Benny on the left, taken at Bar Broadway in Sydney:

Wes1.jpg

I look so much like my Dad in that photo, it's almost scary.
Hey, I know Bar Broadway. I'm from Sydney too. What's the name of your group??

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
swinggal said:
In vintage. I love that vest and blouse.The Joan Crawford blouse is an early 40s original in cream silk. I got it from a freind in Switzerland. I have one in black crepe too:
882972674_l.jpg
I love your outfit. Where did you get the knitted vest? So hard to find!!

Asked by Catsmeow
How long did it take you to make that? What a great costume!

I was manufactured by an earth unit known as M-O-M. I was constructed from various cardboard boxes, dryer ventilation tubing, odd bits of plastic, and metallic paint. Construction time is not in my memory banks, but a computational guess would be two of your earth days.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy