Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you NOT Want for Christmas?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
That doesn't sound like a bad idea Edward....

This year i have decided to have Christmas alone with just my son and the kitten and whoever i choose to invite or spend time with. I don't mean to sound harsh, but my parents don't enjoy Christmas at all, my brother and my mother inevitably start squabbling, everyone loathes my sister in law, (i've tried, god knows i've tried...). So i have put my foot down and begged at least this year off from the madness. Plus my folks live in France and my brother in Hungary, so it's a logistical and planning nightmare.

I am looking forward to spending some quality time with the little fella and well, just basically being able to do what i want for a change, i.e wearing my pyjamas all day if i please and not having to share the Port, cheese board, or telly remote with anyone for a change!

amador

A-List Customer
I don't want any more of those decorated Collectable shot glasses. The ones from Disneyland, The Alamo, Jackson Hole, Indy 500, Spokane, Seattle, Miami Beach, The Worlds largest Truck Stop, Home of the (anything), I was at (anywhere), We did (something somewhere), World Famous (anything). And NO they are not better if they were hand painted by anybody. The onlyh thing I look forward to collecting is my Social Security and that is in doubt.
I quit drinking out of shot glasses and graduated to just drinking out of the bottle, no glasses to wash. I gotta go, AA meeting in 15mins.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
That's funny because most of the "As Seen on TV" products I've NEVER seen on TV! lol

What's bad is when you are gifted knock-offs of "As Seen on TV" items...can't get much cheaper than that! I will admit I liked the idea of a Snuggie...and was thrilled to be gifted one only to find out it was a *very* cheap "imitation." I could have made one that was better quality by simply cutting two holes for my arms in a nice blanket. lol

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
I don't want any more of those decorated Collectable shot glasses. The ones from Disneyland, The Alamo, Jackson Hole, Indy 500, Spokane, Seattle, Miami Beach, The Worlds largest Truck Stop, Home of the (anything), I was at (anywhere), We did (something somewhere), World Famous (anything). And NO they are not better if they were hand painted by anybody. The onlyh thing I look forward to collecting is my Social Security and that is in doubt.
I quit drinking out of shot glasses and graduated to just drinking out of the bottle, no glasses to wash. I gotta go, AA meeting in 15mins.

:lol: make sure you take the minitures out of your back pocket before you leave for the meeting :p

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
That's what happens when gifts are given purely out of obligation rather than out of a sincere sense of actually wanting to give a gift. That's my biggest gripe about the whole holiday season -- it's shoved down our gullets as something we HAVE to do instead of something we WANT to do. Bah humbug.

I tend to agree with this. I buy gifts for my immediate family and the man in my life, because to be honest, those are the only people I care to buy gifts for. I would much rather give and receive truly thoughtful gifts, rather than a lot of superflous tat they/I will never benefit from (Re: my last post about soaps.)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I don't wnat anything except the gift I specifically asked for from my husband (Jean Harlow 100th Anniversary DVD set). I'll take money, too :D

What I really do not want: any soaps, sprays or cheap makeup/jewelry. My skin is SUPER sensitive. I can only use certain soaps, shampoos, perfumes, and laundry detergents. I have to use a PRESCRIPTION lotion from my doctor because store lotion breaks me out real bad :( None of that for me, no matter how "natural" it may be. Same situation with cheap makeup and jewelry. I can't wear it because I break out.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I usually don't have a problem, but this year I'm lost. I could happily go to sleep now and not wake up til January.

Could it be a London thing? I've o.d.'ed on Christmas already. Perhaps because it's kind of starting around Halloween these days. Bah bloody humbug...

That doesn't sound like a bad idea Edward....

This year i have decided to have Christmas alone with just my son and the kitten and whoever i choose to invite or spend time with. I don't mean to sound harsh, but my parents don't enjoy Christmas at all, my brother and my mother inevitably start squabbling, everyone loathes my sister in law, (i've tried, god knows i've tried...). So i have put my foot down and begged at least this year off from the madness. Plus my folks live in France and my brother in Hungary, so it's a logistical and planning nightmare.

I am looking forward to spending some quality time with the little fella and well, just basically being able to do what i want for a change, i.e wearing my pyjamas all day if i please and not having to share the Port, cheese board, or telly remote with anyone for a change!

I hear you! My family are all in the US, so I'm soooo looking forward to the pj-wearing, eating and perhaps drinking to excess (generally I never do either), watching loads of films, sewing, and just being with my 3 hounds for one full week. Alarm clocks will not be set, the phone's going off the hook, the emails will not be checked. In fact, I probably won't leave the house. Squee, I will be on full staycation!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Could it be a London thing? I've o.d.'ed on Christmas already. Perhaps because it's kind of starting around Halloween these days. Bah bloody humbug...

I hear you! My family are all in the US, so I'm soooo looking forward to the pj-wearing, eating and perhaps drinking to excess (generally I never do either), watching loads of films, sewing, and just being with my 3 hounds for one full week. Alarm clocks will not be set, the phone's going off the hook, the emails will not be checked. In fact, I probably won't leave the house. Squee, I will be on full staycation!

Ooh enjoy missis!!

I have treated myself to new wincyette pyjamas (i'm single as you can tell) and slippers in preparation for the holidays! I'm currently stockpiling books and Dvd's and i have cheese and panettone. Bring it on! I'm going to be at least housebound without visitors for a couple of days, which will be heaven, after that i may grudgingly admit a few guests bearing gifts.

Miss S, would one of those DVDs happen to be Eric & Ernie's Christmas Specials? :)

I know they were a sort of holiday tradition over there. I've gotten to be such a fan of Morecambe & Wise (as you can tell by my signature). I wish I could get all their shows -- unfortunately my DVD player won't play Region 2. Only their movies (The Intelligence Men, That Riviera Touch, and The Magnificent Two) are available as Region 1.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy