Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you say to your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm investing in a complete suit of Armour :)

index.jpg

AustinTX

One of the Regulars
I've been laying low a little bit lately, and my wife has seen how much effort I've put into "moving on" (as bn1966 might say) some extraneous outerwear. She doesn't quite know what I really have in mind; when I said I might be turning to J.C. she may have misinterpreted that as a religious epiphany.

Must pace myself.

schitzo

Suspended
I've been laying low a little bit lately, and my wife has seen how much effort I've put into "moving on" (as bn1966 might say) some extraneous outerwear. She doesn't quite know what I really have in mind; when I said I might be turning to J.C. she may have misinterpreted that as a religious epiphany.

Must pace myself.

lol
if you do turn to JC at least you'll have plenty of time to figure out a water tight gameplan

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Neither of my (ex)wives ever took issue with the finances involved with any of my wardrobe purchases. Nor were they ever consulted with about said purchases. They, on the other hand, regularly sought out my opinion (and approval) of most of their acquisitions but only concerning aesthetics not finances. In fact, I would usually try to steer them towards more expensive well made items with classic timeless styling rather than the more fashionable cheaply made drek that was pushed upon them by the fashion world.

some guy

New in Town
This reminds me of a few years back when I worked for a paragliding school. We had a customer that would get a new paraglider every 2 years, but it always had to be red. His wife would have had a fit if she knew he was spending £2000 or so on a new one but all she saw was the colour.

Stand By

One Too Many
This reminds me of a few years back when I worked for a paragliding school. We had a customer that would get a new paraglider every 2 years, but it always had to be red. His wife would have had a fit if she knew he was spending £2000 or so on a new one but all she saw was the colour.

Now that is genius. Wile. E. Coyote genius !

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It was an affectionate term for my sister.
The dog usually barks, is an affectionate term for your sister. Well, firstly, apologies for my insensitivity, but secondly, you must be on real good terms with your sibling. If I were to use any canine term, or even a pun, my sister's handbag would come flying around my face.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
I tell her that is the price of having a "trophy husband". :D

Actually I sometimes use similar tactics as many of you but after thirty years my wife knows me too well. The running joke in our family is "what is dad's new hobby". Started with firearms and knives, camping and backpacking equipment, flashlights, kayaks, hats and outerwear........... and now sports cars.
At least she knows I use everything I buy (don't collect for the sake of collecting) and I draw the line before moving on to my next interest.

I can hide a lot of firearms, knives, flashlights, outerwear, and boots in my house, but I'd have a hard time hiding a sports car collection. lol Although, for a while a lot of antique tractors followed me home.

I do like a lot of you guys, "oh, that was on sale for $75." My wife knows me too well and she knows the better the "deal" I tell her, the more it probably cost.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have just had my early SAAB 900 Turbo restored & upgraded...the cost is more than my entire history of jacket collecting (34 years & regular ELC purchases last 10 years) :D.

Purchased the wife a Super Dry flight jacket...every one's happy :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran