Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of Fox Creek Leather Jackets?

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Wanted to talk about a jacket maker that doesn't seem to get a lot of airplay here on the Lounge. I just scored a great deal (well I think so anyway) on a like new Fox Creek Vented Racing jacket from the Bay. I have to say that in my opinion this jacket is comparable to my Vanson in terms in leather thickness and quality. This jacket is HEAVY cowhide that is thick and very supple. It will be replacing my Schott 141 as my cold weather riding jacket. Just got it today so of course this is all based on first impressions. I'll get a chance to wear it this week-end and I'll work on posting some photos. So what do you all think about Fox Creek Leather?

Chi-Town

Peacoat

Bartender
I have a Fox Creek and it is a good jacket--well made with thick leather. Also have their chaps. Best I have seen.

There is a thread in the this section called the Fox Creek Appreciation Thread, or something similar. I did a search with no good result. All of the posts were positive, as I remember.

billyb

Familiar Face
I have a Fox Creek Vented Bomber. Fox Creek will work you if their stock jackets will not fit you the way you need. It's a 3-month wait and you can have the jacket length, sleeve length, etc. changed. I ended up having a combination size made. On their recommendation based on my feedback from the first stock jacket they sent me, I had a 46 top matched to a 42 bottom. The result was great. The jacket qualities are as mentioned above. I would add that Fox Creek treated me great.

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
They're a bargain to be sure. Not always the best cuts, however. Thick, generous leather in less than exceptional styles. Your leathers will keep you safe from the road if you take a tumble. Is that enough? Only you can decide. Whatever the case, your skin will thank you for having Fox Creek on your person when you go head over teacups on asphault.

As for good taste and all that, you're on Fedora. Do you expect us to blow smoke up yer chaps? We will call it like we see it. A good bargain on ebay is a good bargain on ebay. There's no denying that.

Aero, it ain't.

Vanson, it ain't.

Enjoy your bargain. Money well spent. If your leathers don't fit just right, save up and get 'em tailored. Make 'em yer own. Eff da Creek. Once your tailor gets done, they are all you, and the creek be dammed.

Booyah.

That's my three cents.

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
I knew HD would remember the thread and be able to find it. Thanks.

I was thinking it was about 1 -- 1 1/2 years ago; it was actually two years ago. Time flies when we get old.

There was more recent FC talk too. All positive. As has been said, they're not the sexiest, but solid coats for the money - from what I see and read. I don't own one!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails