Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you use to shave?

Michaelshane

One Too Many
I've used this six days in a row,I think I love this razor.
Trumpers rose soap
Rooney 3/1
Trumpers rose AS balm
Penhaligans Hammam Bouquet
P1060157.jpg

Greyfox

One of the Regulars
This morning Trumper's Rose Cream applied with a Savile Row 3824 brush, Razor used was a Gillette Bostonian loaded with a Feather blade. Aftershave of Clubman and after dry down a light application of Gray Flannel.

SteveAS

Practically Family
C-Mon Filarmonica 5/8 round point straight
Shavemac Silvertip brush
Castle Forbes Lime shaving cream
Alum block
Domininca Bay Rum with Lime aftershave

Hercule

Practically Family
Usually use one of the following: (in order of preference)
early 30s Gillette Goodwill OC with an ABC handle
'66 Gillette slim adjustable
'55 Gillette Super Speed

Soap: Provence Sante
Brushes: Frank Silver tip Badger; Omega 05 Boar
Blades: Personna

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
shavingstuff.jpg

Gellette double edge razor

Shaving soap.

Badger bristle brush

Gellette after shave (not pictured)

I get a closer, less irritating shave with this then I ever have with the new stuff.

Not to mention a pack of 10 blades cost me $1.50

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I love the smell of Floïd! I've been using it for years. Whenever a friend goes to Spain I ask them to bring a bottle. I also use the Italian version but I like the Spanish Floïd even better. Sometimes I also use Eau de Quinine or Eau de Portugal by Pinaud. These are hair tonics but they work as an after shave as well.

morgan

New in Town
Any Proraso users? I got a tube for christmas and can't figure out how to use it with a brush. I've been putting some in my hand and mixing it up with the brush but it just seems....odd. Anybody?

Morgan

Greyfox

One of the Regulars
Today's Shave

Savile Row 3824 Brush
Gillette Fatboy set at 7 with a Feather blade (3rd shave)
DH Harris Lavender Shave Cream mixed in a ceramic scuttle my wife made for me
Witch Hazel splash as A/S
Floris JF Edt

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Morgan, you can also squeeze some into the end of your brush and face lather. I use that method when traveling. My brush travels in a prescription bottle that I drilled a couple of holes in the cap, my trusty Gillette Tech is in a plastic soap box with a couple of derby blades and it is good to go.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I use Proraso cream. Squeeze some into a mug, soak your brush, shake off the water and then apply it to the mug and start a brisk lathering. You may need to add water, depending on how much water your brush retains. You should eventually get a fluffy, white lather. It may take a while (or maybe I just suck), but it does work.

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
Today I used:

Merkur Progress long-handle
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap
My trusty, cheap and cheerful boar-bristle brush.
No aftershave today, since I enjoy the smell of the English Fern - it's a pity I can't afford the eau de toilette to go with it!

I recieved the Merkur as a Christmas present from my partner. I've totally fallen in love with it, (the razor, and my partner - not that she's an "it", obvisouly. ;)) it's changed the way I shave for ever. I now actually look forward to shaving. I'll never go back to being ripped off for multi-blade monstrosities! Vibrating razors? Good grief!

The soap was also a present, from my best friend. It's very rich and silky and compliments the Merkur beautifully, as well as making me smell nice!

http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog/Merkur_Adjustable_Long_Handled_Safety_Razor_510001.html#a1840

http://www.penhaligons.com/shop/bath-body/shop-by-fragrance/english-fern/english-fern-shaving-soap-with-497066.html

Oh, and currently waiting on a pack of Feather DE blades.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner