Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What does a 1930s bank money bag look like?

Levallois

Practically Family
And I've already heard the punch line from my brother-in-law "well, if it was an early 1930s bank bag then it would look like it was empty." What a card.

I'm trying to complete a 1930s bank robbery display and I need some money bags - I cannot determine from ebay or elsewhere what a proper 1930s bag would look like, i.e., zipper or tie and how big it should be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year.

John

Levallois

Practically Family
I am looking for a bag that would have been filled with money by bank robbers of the day and taken with them. I assumed that it would be canvas, larger and have the bank name on it. Since I have never seen a real bank bag from the era I thought that I would ask here.

This will be part of a display, along with guns and other accoutrements, pertaining to the motorized bandits of the day. Thanks!

Levallois

Practically Family
I've heard this was the case (pun intended) - pillowcases were used - but it just ain't that sexy in a display. Surely, they occasionally used a bank bag to carry pilfered money? Thanks for the replies, and yes, I know, don't call you shirley . . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran