Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What does one wear with a leather jacket?

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I wear just about anything with my A2. The one thing I strongly suggest you wear with an A2 is trousers. It just isn't long enough to go without.;)
Sincerely,
the Wolf

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
The Wolf said:
I wear just about anything with my A2. The one thing I strongly suggest you wear with an A2 is trousers. It just isn't long enough to go without.;)
Sincerely,
the Wolf
Yes it is, it’s not antique, though our house is filled with antiques. My wife and I love antiquing. But after that picture was taken we need to concentrate on paint. The house still has the same wall paint the builder did in 2003 (TAN).

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Spokes Man

You cannot go wrong by choosing a nice, long-sleeve T-shirt to put under your A-2. It has a nice effect, especially if you're wearing one of the closer-fitting jackets.
Below that? Well, just about any pants go well with the A-2, especially khakis. Dark jeans, too.
I recently put on a pair of bullhide cowboy boots, jeans and a long-sleeve T, then topped it with a dark-seal goat ELC. The wife gave me an appraising glance and said, "That looks nice."
That sounds nice to me.

Feraud

Bartender
I was wearing my a2 with a brown fedora, shirt, tie, dress pants, and shoes on my way to work. A woman made her way to the back of the bus to tell me I reminded her of her dad who flew bombing missions in WWII.
I thanked her and told her I was glad to bring up fond memories of her dad.
An a2 can be a great conversation starter.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
me084.jpg

I like a tie and dress trousers with my leather jackets for that "Natural" look.

N2S3

New in Town
Flight Jacket & FlightSuit

Sometimes wearing the jacket and a G&B Flight Suit, great outfit for flying.
Like shirt, Tie and a nice Cap with my Wings Indy Jacket too.
Feet wearing CAT Boots in both cases.

Atticus Finch said:
I suppose that different kinds of leather jackets call for different kind of clothing....but with an A-1 or an A-2, I've found that khakis, a tie and a Stylemaster seems to work well.

geoffjacket027.jpg

AF

...as well as a small silent prayer.....
(Looks Great!)
HD

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Indiana Jones himself goes for the look described by so many people on this thread. In the third film (The Last Crucade) he wears his normal brown fedora, leather jacket, beige shirt with a black tie and khaki trousers. The difference is that he has a whip and gun with him as well, and I hope that nobody wears those for business casual but saves them for convincing the boss to give you a pay rise.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anything.

The only limitation I have is if my shirt is not tucked in, it doesn't stick out form under my jacket more then a few inches.
Johnny

CBI

One Too Many
I own a number of A-2's and agree that they look good with just about anything. Frequently, its just throwing one on over whatever I am wearing at the time - but the shirt has to be tucked in. Often, just a white t-shirt and jeans is all you need (but with some nice leather shoes or boots!) I have made an effort to buy a few pairs of khakis that are high waisted (dressy cotton Ralph Lauren chinos for example). These jackets were designed in an era of higher waisted clothing. So many pants these days are low riders!!!!! Shirt's - cotton dress/casual, usually a solid color, love the tie option but rarely go there. In the cold I often wear my repro WWII AAF service shoes (boots) from What Price Glory or At the Front??? GREAT boots. The khakis and boots "suggest" a period look that I think looks good with an A-2. Ok, I am going to finish typing and dive under my desk ................ this IS the FEDORA Lounge but the hats (as cool as they look) are a bit much, a little too costume-ish for me .......... diving now!!!!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
CBI said:
desk ................ this IS the FEDORA Lounge but the hats (as cool as they look) are a bit much, a little too costume-ish for me .......... diving now!!!!

Burn the witch!

:p

miles_archer

Familiar Face
How about a B-3?

Everyone seems to have opinions on A2 apparel, how about accesorizing with a B-3? Maybe like the one I ordered from Aero and have been anxiously awaiting for weeks.

Edward

Bartender
miles_archer said:
Everyone seems to have opinions on A2 apparel, how about accesorizing with a B-3? Maybe like the one I ordered from Aero and have been anxiously awaiting for weeks.

My current cold weather jacket of choice, when not in a suit or blazer, is a LW B-3. Typically I wear a cap of some form with it - brown, grey or navy, according to what corresponds best with the rest of what I am wearing. I find a brimmed hat impractical with a B3, given the size of the collar - gets knocked off, and when the temperature demands turning the collar up, a brimmed hat really causes issues getting it to sit right without being knocked off every time I move. Underneath, I opt for much the same mode of dress as with a lighter leather jacket: shoes, trousers, shirt and tie, and - although not something I've seen in period photos - often a waistcoat.

CBI said:
I own a number of A-2's and agree that they look good with just about anything. Frequently, its just throwing one on over whatever I am wearing at the time - but the shirt has to be tucked in. Often, just a white t-shirt and jeans is all you need (but with some nice leather shoes or boots!) I have made an effort to buy a few pairs of khakis that are high waisted (dressy cotton Ralph Lauren chinos for example). These jackets were designed in an era of higher waisted clothing. So many pants these days are low riders!!!!! Shirt's - cotton dress/casual, usually a solid color, love the tie option but rarely go there. In the cold I often wear my repro WWII AAF service shoes (boots) from What Price Glory or At the Front??? GREAT boots. The khakis and boots "suggest" a period look that I think looks good with an A-2. Ok, I am going to finish typing and dive under my desk ................ this IS the FEDORA Lounge but the hats (as cool as they look) are a bit much, a little too costume-ish for me .......... diving now!!!!

I have some pairs of Bill's Khaki's M1's..
You can find their website on the Net.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner