Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What else do you collect?

Music CD's of all sorts. Vintage ties to go with my
vintage hats. Like you Mr Blaine, animals of all sorts, but my wife is not a vet, so no good excuse there. 3 horses, 6 dogs, 10 cats, one bird.:eek:

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Besides hats, I also have several vintage tube radios, a 1930's rotary phone, somewhere around ten vintage watches, vintage police and security badges, and a ton of radio shows. My collection is fairly eclectic, and nearly anything from the turn of the century to about 1960 is fair game.

softouch

New in Town
I Blame These Forums...

A few years ago I found a watch forum & now I have 7 Breitlings; an old Longines; a couple of Tissot
Visited a car forum & now have a `07 300C SRT8, 425hp family sedan
Visited a forum about invitro fertilization and have twins
Started looking around the Fedora Lounge and now have 3 hats & have made initial contact with Mr. Fawcett
I also have a few pocket knives & zippos, also thanks to forums
Did a search for wet shaving & know have 6 shaving brushes and about 11 straight razors, 2 fine razor strops, several nice razaor hones & when I started looking all I wanted was a double edge. Wound up with two of those

help me!

softouch said:
A few years ago I found a watch forum & now I have 7 Breitlings; an old Longines; a couple of Tissot
Started looking around the Fedora Lounge and now have 3 hats & have made initial contact with Mr. Fawcett
Did a search for wet shaving & know have 6 shaving brushes and about 11 straight razors, 2 fine razor strops, several nice razaor hones & when I started looking all I wanted was a double edge. Wound up with two of those

help me!

Sorry, can't help you Softouch, but I'll keep your warnings in mind. No more forums for me!:(

filfoster

One Too Many
Collections

Reproduction military uniforms of all periods, and movie/TV costume replicas. These are not cheap 'off-the-racks' but researched and commissioned pieces, with props. There are a few commercially produced props and costumes of good quality, but very few.
Too many, too expensive and too much fun.

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
VitaminG said:
I consider myself more an acquirer than collector. Seem to keep buying stuff but nothing particularly notable. I have around 15 guitars, 12 fx pedals, 6 amps, too many old guitar magazines, too many cds & dvds. Only two fedoras so far & one of those is a cheap wool stingy. But I can feel that bug biting me already
I forgot to mention books. I just can't seem to stop buying books. There were about a dozen new ones in my to-read pile when I decided to revisit an old favourite, Pork City by Howard Browne (recommended, a fictionalised account of the real life investigation into the 1930 gangland execution of newspaperman Jake Lingle). In the time it took to read this old book (for the fourth time) another half dozen or so books have joined the queue.

MCrider

A-List Customer
softouch said:
help me!

Thanks to the above cry for help, I have quit three other forums... Talk about dodging the bullet! Thanks softouch.

;)

MojoStick

New in Town
Just added this one-string diddley bow to my collection...

diddleybow2.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I have quite an extensive Snoopy collection. Unfortunately, I have no room to display it having moved to an apartment a few years ago. But I hope to someday have a "Snoopy Room."

Thing is, there is ALWAYS something new coming out - I think Hallmark has a new stuffed Snoopy for every holiday.

I used to snatch up anything I could find. Now I'm much more selective in what I buy. I do have a few prize items from the '60s (one is a lamp - it's Snoopy as the Literary Ace) that I really like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran