Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't resist (ha!) this eBay Resistol 20 at the opening bid of $25.00.

The colour seems a bit dodgy, it will be interesting to see what shows up

image-L.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Alan: Stunning Mikado!

David: Substantial hat, right there! Though I believe, I'm too much of a "yellow-belly" to wear such a thing in the streets of Cph. Goes a lot better with cattle than with heerings, you know ;)

It seems like your hat style followed you West. Chance of scene is always a delight :)

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Like David, I took a chance on a Resistol XXX Beaver $25 Buy It Now. It'll be interesting to see what I get. It could be tan, or maybe silver belly. We'll see.

$_57.JPG

Roger

photogravity

One of the Regulars
Hats For Which I'm Waiting Today

I'm waiting on four hats. Three should arrive tomorrow and another will probably be arriving early next week.

A Stetson Royal Fedora with original box. Looks like it's in really nice condition.

stetson_royal_fedora_ebay_1.jpg

A clean grey straw hat (Imperial brand) with a cool puggaree. The sweatband looks like it's seen better days, but that's only a minor concern.

imperial_straw_ebay_1.jpg

Another Royal Stetson that was advertised as a bowler. I'm not sure it is, but I'll know for sure once it arrives.

stetson_royal_open_crown_ebay_1.jpg

A Knox Custom fedora. The sweatband says Custom Edge which I take to be the equivalent of a Cavanagh Edge.

knox_custom_ebay_1.jpg

ingineer

One Too Many
Cool! the SB CD from EA is finally taking a plane ride from OZ.
Third CD for me
Now if i can only crease it as well as Moon

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Peter Bros Milan Hemp. Still in the works. Gonna switch out the black ribbon with a wider ivory/bone color pleated pug. uploadfromtaptalk1435856681000.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435856695332.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435856708723.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't resist (ha!) this eBay Resistol 20 at the opening bid of $25.00.

The colour seems a bit dodgy, it will be interesting to see what shows up
How could I have not seen this before? How much did it ended?
Color might be interesting.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Very similar to my PB Milan,I love the hat.

Shane at Peter Bros CUSTOM blocked and creased/bashed and brim sized this Milan Hemp, totally to all my specs. Their biggest, fattest, and straight sided block. Started with their big 6inch open crown block and brought the crown down to 5 inch center dent peak with softer edged pinches and a 3 inch brim. Also doing a bigger pleated pug (color and size/style) to my liking from their existing inventory. As you may know, the hat was originally $150 and on sale till Father's Day for $100. They were kind enuff to give me the sale price the day after it ended. They have since extended the sale till July 4th. Looking VERY fwd to the finished product!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
FELLOW LOUNGERS! I just got off the phone with Brad the owner at Peter Bros and he just let me know that the $100 sale price will remain in effect as a courtesy SALE PRICE to Fellow Loungers ONLY for the immediate time being... As we all kno, their website is a little "weird" and Brad said he would welcome any and all calls!

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
FELLOW LOUNGERS! I just got off the phone with Brad the owner at Peter Bros and he just let me know that the $100 sale price will remain in effect as a courtesy SALE PRICE to Fellow Loungers ONLY for the immediate time being... As we all kno, their website is a little "weird" and Brad said he would welcome any and all calls!

Bob, that hat is fantastic. Thanks for the info, I'm giving Brad a call today. It's hard to find a Milan or straw for that matter with those crown proportions. I have several of their hats, one a 100% beaver in an Indy bash made a few years ago. Again, thanks.

Joe

triple-d

A-List Customer
Grats Bob!!!!...that is a fine looking lid!!!! I haven't really found a straw I like to wear yet. Still wearing felts. That might be the one!!!! Going to go check them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy