Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Just noticed Art sent a notification that the old Stratoliner I sent for cleaning and blocking last week is already on it's way back to me. Shipped today with a scheduled delivery of... Monday.

Man, this weekend is going to seem like it's going to last forever!

I bet! Art worked his magic on an old Strat of mine as well. I could not believe how short the turn around time was.

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Today's the day!! My "hybrid" 30's Stetson playboy ( thanks for the inspiration, Che ) is out of Mikes hands and headed to me. Almost 4 months wait.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Waiting on a Stetson Stetsonian in tawny from DelMonico, 4-6 week wait according to the website. Took advantage of the fathers day sale.

Waiting on a Stetson Stetsonian in tawny from DelMonico, 4-6 week wait according to the website. Took advantage of the fathers day sale.

I've been waiting since late April on a light grey one. Deckard posted a pic on Instagram of Stetsonians in production a week or so ago - it looked like a Mink to me, but I don't know. Hopefully that means both of us we'll get our hats soon.

https://instagram.com/p/39bOwJItlr/?taken-by=mattdeckard

tommyK

One Too Many
I've got two coming;

cb17e52b-2789-4a85-bd8a-ff4f2de2b5ac_zpsxr0kzgwi.jpg
This Sears Pilgrim that I got on the cheap. Kind of a Playboy/Wanderer vibe

7e9a7a5d-4b3c-4983-8463-ea636d3d2030_zpst7d3kvki.jpg
And this Borsalino. Also a good price mainly, I believe, because it needs a serious reblocking and perhaps a few stitches to secure that unreeded sweatband. I've handled worse. I've been wanting a green hat (thinking about a Bluegrass Campdraft). This may fit the bill and it's got a 3 inch brim if the seller's measurements can be trusted.

Always good to have something coming

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
20150623_142000.jpg 20150623_141850.jpg pbl.jpg

Rough photos I'm at work, not so sure, BIG hat. it isn't quite the way I had envisioned it but I suppose a lot of stuff isn't. its a tad darker, not in a bad way than I thought it would be from Mikes other Whisky hats. I'll get better more precise photo's at home. I DID ask for the wider ribbon. I tried to capture the Playboy replica Che had on page 35 of the Northwest hats thread.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
wcbrown. Whats not like you envisioned? Besides being a tad darker? Too high crown? To big brim size? I think it look great from here.

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
I was expecting the crown to be a tad higher, don't get me wrong its a beautiful hat nice and firm, creases are all even very nice hat. the craftsmanship is excellent, it is a tad large, I think once I get to wearing it just getting the sweatband damp will do the trick. felt is beautiful

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I was expecting the crown to be a tad higher, don't get me wrong its a beautiful hat nice and firm, creases are all even very nice hat. the craftsmanship is excellent, it is a tad large, I think once I get to wearing it just getting the sweatband damp will do the trick. felt is beautiful

I think Mike starts with a 6 in open crown. How high or (low) is it creased? 5 in? Rabbit or Beaver? Looks pretty high up front.

tommyK

One Too Many
WC, putting that wider ribbon on also, visually takes away from the crown height from how a thinner Playboy style ribbon may look. It's a good looking hat, I'd give it a spin for a while.

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the tips and comments guys, ummm it's starting to grow on me. :cool: I've been wearing it around the house since I got home from work, it IS just a tad loose on me, and the actual "body" of the hat is larger than I expected. I am thinking just normal wear might tighten the sweat band to where I need it. My wife loves it, somehow that helps also. I'm still pretty new and uncivilized in the world of custom hats. Like I said though the craftmanship on this is wonderful. Nice touch, the inside of the sweat band is signed and dated. Amazing quality for the price, can't say enough about that. Oh and by the way its Beaver. Maybe "momma" will catch me in a photo wearing it, I don't do selfies, uncomfortable with "modeling".

Last edited:

DesertDan

One Too Many
Beautiful Northwest WC, congrats!
I'm a big fan of Mike's work.

P.S. - I really like the kit in your avatar, are those Slingerlands?

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Beautiful Northwest WC, congrats!
I'm a big fan of Mike's work.

P.S. - I really like the kit in your avatar, ar.those Slingerlands?
Dan thank you for the comment on the hat, I am starting to really get attached to it.
Okay on the drums I am guessing you are a musician.
The low down on that kit; I bought that bass, a TAMA Imperialstar 14 X 26 new in 1976. The toms are Keller 5 ply shells, 10 X 12, 14 X 14. I wrapped the shells in vintage white pearl, then I added repro beavertail lugs. It is a hoot to play, BIG FAT sub-woofer bass drum, almost jazz like sounding toms, personally I prefer to just stand back and just look at it. This is the perfect kit to play what we are doing which is strictly blues. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I'd be glad to talk shop

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points