What hat are you waiting for today?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Jazzcat, Dec 23, 2004.

1. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I tracked a western boot purchase to a FedEx depot and the boots then disappeared. I drove to the depot, asked to speak to the manager, showed him the delivery notice and asked him to look around. His extreme indifference prompted me to ask if he could give me the names of the drivers that wore a 10EE shoe size........he asked that I leave the establishment.

GLewis, St.Ignatz, Frunobulax and 6 others like this.
  2. That was pretty much the response I got from the "manager" (or whatever her official title was) several years ago when the USPS lost four packages sent to me within a six month period. She really couldn't have cared less, then told me I had no recourse because neither I nor the shipper paid extra for "insurance". At that point I countered with, "So, what you're telling me is that the U.S. Postal Service doesn't hold their employees accountable for actually doing their jobs?" and, as you experienced, she asked me to leave then turned and walked away. I had been warned before I spoke to her that she was not going to help, but...wow.

belfastboy and Blare like this.
  3. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

Hate it when that happens. Hope it arrives sometime soon, Jonathan.

Blare likes this.
  4. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

What doth lie beneath this protector of rain

B4BC5D3D-636C-40CB-AAFE-326CDCE30C29.jpeg 522DFC4A-31CA-405F-AE5B-8D91F44A27B1.jpeg 935CC6C7-51C7-4A60-ACFA-A0FD1ECAD602.jpeg

5. The Shoe

The Shoe Practically Family

Mean Eyed Matt, Zombie_61 and Blare like this.
  6. Just moth holes Joe. That plastic cover is all that is holding it together. :D

Can't wait for the reveal party!

7. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Oh.. my silly grammar :Do_O

might serve me right LOL. Though I did once have a whole box of hats show up in about that condition some of them covered with old mud dauber nests :eek:

8. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

No rain protection here… (for the hat or the rain)

81AEA06D-5A9B-4764-AA76-9EAA657C869A.jpg

9. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

Dang it, Randy. Looks like I’ve done it again…
    9E12D14D-C88B-484D-9B1D-29623027196F.jpeg

10. Sold as a bolero :)

A87AB7D5-1108-41A9-A490-8D9FBC5FB420.jpeg FD3D8D3F-C9C5-4412-8E61-F007C9FBCE6E.jpeg

11. Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  12. Gotta love a nice fleece hat.

8E0D9524-AF52-4D41-9366-33990C3D5C32.jpeg

I’ve seen ribbon work like that somewhere before. Oh yeah … I remember!

C6865CD1-03BA-41BD-B9AF-2D4405CFE465.jpeg

Snowman, Blare, belfastboy and 8 others like this.
  13. StoryPNW

StoryPNW New in Town

One of my recent purchases is in FedEx purgatory, it was supposed to be here in Oregon today after leaving Ohio a week ago. Instead it is somewhere in Montana, and it took the slowest route possible to get there. I guess I'll keep waiting and hope it shows up.

14. Fleece and apparently it has a rim…maybe it’s has those cool spinning rims.

15. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

I have a 160 gram Cobalt dress weight Coypu coming from Gannon sometime around the end of December. I think I'll have Michael put a sharp edge diamond bash on it. He has some vintage ribbon called Blue Metal for the crown, not sure what he will do for the brim binding. I'm going to let him do his thing. Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 6.37.00 PM copy.jpg

16. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have one of those, too. It has been "sitting" within 60 miles of the house for 5 days now.

4027302616114QFer.jpeg

Blare, Jauntyone, Zombie_61 and 4 others like this.
  17. Samson25

Samson25 New in Town

Still waiting on my Campdraft to arrive. Sat at Sydney Airport from 03. Nov. until yesterday. Now according to AMS tracking ( and DHL tracking) is on a flight.
    Really glad I paid the extra for Priority / Express shipping though....../sarc.

18. Salmosalar

Salmosalar One of the Regulars

Custom low Redactor from Hornskov in nebula beaver….on its way from Copenhagen….. 03A5912C-7812-40BE-9B19-53AEDBFF782B.jpeg

Attached Files:

Blare, Rmccamey, Jauntyone and 7 others like this.
  19. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I have some Blue Metal ribbon ....it is a great colour.

Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  20. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I sent 3 hats out on the same day....Oklahoma, Cyprus and one to the province next door. The two OK & Cyprus arrived in 7 days.....the one to Alberta has yet to be delivered and they won't project a delivery date. Tis, the season to be jolly.....I guess.