Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Triple d, I am very jealous!

I was eyeing the Boss Raw Edge real hard, but found a good deal on the Resistol Cogburn, from the John Wayne collection. It's a 10x, which seems to be above most Resistol offerings. So this will fill the 'black old west hat' slot.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
How long have you been waiting for the Grand Central? I ask because I've been waiting almost seven weeks for that same hat, in Silverbelly, from Sterling. I'm getting a bit antsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My order was processed March 3. I am also getting a bit antsy. Let's hope they come in soon.

My order was processed March 3. I am also getting a bit antsy. Let's hope they come in soon.

I'm certainly interested in what happens with the Sterling orders. I don't want to put out bad vibes, but I received an email from them on April 9 saying,

"Currently, we are unable to get the Stetson Dress Fedoras so therefore, we have removed them from our website. We apologize for this inconvenience."

It appears your orders were processed before this happened. But I wonder what happened between then and now?

triple-d

A-List Customer
Triple d, I am very jealous!

I was eyeing the Boss Raw Edge real hard, but found a good deal on the Resistol Cogburn, from the John Wayne collection. It's a 10x, which seems to be above most Resistol offerings. So this will fill the 'black old west hat' slot.

Ya I saw the pic you posted......very cool lid, and part of the Dukes collection......can't go wrong with that puppy!!! Grats jlee!!!!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Waiting for Art F. to send back my charcoal gray 1960s Borsalino Savoy. I had it resized from 6 7/8 to 7, and it fits beautifully. But I had him replace the black ribbon with a dark blue . . . and it keeps coming loose. The hat leaves his shop with the ribbon snug, but by the time I get it, it's visibly loose.

Soon it'll be too hot to wear felt anyway, so no rush, I guess.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
I'm certainly interested in what happens with the Sterling orders. I don't want to put out bad vibes, but I received an email from them on April 9 saying,

"Currently, we are unable to get the Stetson Dress Fedoras so therefore, we have removed them from our website. We apologize for this inconvenience."

It appears your orders were processed before this happened. But I wonder what happened between then and now?

I did not get that email but, your not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling about this.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars

Could be something to do with their pricing, they seem to have dropped all their discounts. When I placed the order they emailed me to say that they were out of stock but could have it made as special order if I wished to keep my order standing, which I did. At any rate, they said 6-8 weeks so we'll see. Worst case they issue refund and I order it from Del Monico.

Knotten

Practically Family
Could be something to do with their pricing, they seem to have dropped all their discounts. When I placed the order they emailed me to say that they were out of stock but could have it made as special order if I wished to keep my order standing, which I did. At any rate, they said 6-8 weeks so we'll see. Worst case they issue refund and I order it from Del Monico.

This was the exact same experience I had. Out of stock, will make a special order ... I said yes, too. I tried calling the toll-free number several times today and just got a fast-busy signal. I also sent them an email asking if I'm still getting my hat. At the time, I thought the price was too good to be true. I hope that wasn't right.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
This was the exact same experience I had. Out of stock, will make a special order ... I said yes, too. I tried calling the toll-free number several times today and just got a fast-busy signal. I also sent them an email asking if I'm still getting my hat. At the time, I thought the price was too good to be true. I hope that wasn't right.

I payed using PayPal. Might have some recourse through them if it's a no show. If Matt Deckard is viewing any of this he may be able to shed some light re: Sterling Leather orders. I'm going to keep the faith a little longer since they declined further orders after we placed ours, I'll assume ours will be honored.

I payed using PayPal. Might have some recourse through them if it's a no show. If Matt Deckard is viewing any of this he may be able to shed some light re: Sterling Leather orders. I'm going to keep the faith a little longer since they declined further orders after we placed ours, I'll assume ours will be honored.

I'm in the same boat Joey, hoping they will honor those orders at least.

I hope you guys get them as well. I have a sneaking suspicion you will.

Update to my life: Just got off the phone w/ Jeff at DelMonico. There's a Light Gray Stetsonian Open Crown in some state of manufacture in Garland, TX, that will be sitting on my head in a couple of months. And on a whim, I just ordered a Sand Milan Stratoliner off Amazon, that will also come from DelMonico. That's added to the Akubra Fedora I'm waiting for.

It does feel good to have a couple in the queu.

Edit: Everything everybody here says is true. Jeff was a delight to talk to. Very nice man and great service.

Edit2: jeez, I almost forgot because it's not in the mail. Gus Miller is spiffin' up an old Dalton for me. I'm going to pick it up Saturday. It suddenly occurs to me I have a lot of irons in the fire.

I really should have a look at what's up over on eBay...

Last edited:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I would not worry about your hat orders from Sterling. Stetson tells us 4 to 6 weeks we say 6 to 8 but that is not always the case some times it comes faster and some times slower. After new year's and into early spring they are focused on straw summer hats, so that is where most of there effort is. We will start to get some of our fall and winter hats from them in July so they should start to be shifting production soon.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner