Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Steinbockhase

Practically Family
Hi, I just won an eBay auction for a Stetson Excellent, made in Germany, sold in Italy.
It looks very beat up (as if somebody sat on it), but otherwise not used much.
I hope I can get it back into shape again. I'm paid 78 $ total; I usually make even better eBay deals, but for an "Excellent" the price should be OK. The paper label shows the number "80117". Does that imply the hat was made in 1980?

Stetson-Excellent-4.jpg
Stetson-Excellent-3.jpg
Stetson-Excellent-2.jpg
Stetson-Excellent-1.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hi, I just won an eBay auction for a Stetson Excellent, made in Germany, sold in Italy.
I hope I can get it back into shape again. I'm paid 78 $ total; I usually make even better eBay deals, but for an "Excellent" the price should be OK. The paper label shows the number "80117". Does that imply the hat was made in 1980?

View attachment 131313 View attachment 131314 View attachment 131315 View attachment 131316
That hat does not look beat up! A little rumpled maybe. The reed looks perfect!! Hardly worn. More pics of the sweatband??
I think Excellent deal is and understatement for that Excellent hat!
Good go!
Bowen

View attachment 131313 View attachment 131314 View attachment 131315 View attachment 131316

That’s just some steam away from being perfect. Definitely made before 1980. If you find any of these “beat up” hats in 61 or 62 let me know! Great find there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steinbockhase

Practically Family
That hat does not look beat up! A little rumpled maybe. The reed looks perfect!! Hardly worn. More pics of the sweatband??
I think Excellent deal is and understatement for that Excellent hat!
Good go!
Bowen

No more pics of the hat details in the offer, but I will definately post some nice photos when it's delivered and re-shaped.
Would you believe, I got an additional 10$ off, because I mentioned it being "beat up" to the seller :)

Hi, I just won an eBay auction for a Stetson Excellent, made in Germany, sold in Italy...The paper label shows the number "80117"...
I don't know if it makes any difference, but I read it as "80417". Regardless, it looks like it's in very good condition and should pop right back into shape with a little care and attention.

Last edited:

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I suspect there are a number of folks following this thread who might be able to guess where this nearly complete hat will be on its way to me from soon! :)

Blue Smoke beaver and I selected a Burgundy ribbon.

pat----
Art. Natural silverbelly.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I suspect there are a number of folks following this thread who might be able to guess where this nearly complete hat will be on its way to me from soon! :)

Blue Smoke beaver and I selected a Burgundy ribbon.

pat----

Blue Smoke is a wonderful color. The burgundy ribbon looks great too. Can’t wait to see the completed hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner