Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Mike, that porker is a bit of a change for you, but cool.
Gray Adam for Pearl Harbor Day.
Nice Adam, Perry.
I'm pretty sure this Tom 'n' Jerry was set up for brim up - which I will experiment with - but I kind of like it down also. It will take some getting used to as I am still not comfortable in a homburg or a porkpie. The felt on it is coming close to some of my finest quality felts that I own.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Cervo. Decided to take it to out and test the vent holes I made. It isn't warm in NY but there's wind!

D-1.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

If you want to know why the vents aren't centered, go here:http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?28145-Post-New-Hats-Here!/page1641

Last edited:

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Douglas and Hatto: those Borsos are awesome. Even in blurry photos, the velour looks cool.
Eric-- oh, that VS-- tried and true! never gets old, but that Lee Cameo is awfully impressive too!

011copyc.jpg

Giving the Falcon Park a test drive in colder weather.
I just emailed Parker to get my custom hat's ball rolling and after seeing this hat I know I am in good hands. That is stunning my friend.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
My Whippet-esque Royal Stetson, an eBay win of a month or so back:

Royal_Stetson_01.jpg

Royal_Stetson_03.jpg

Royal_Stetson_02.jpg

It's a 2.5" brim, bound as you see. I've taken out the liner to serve as a warm-weather hat and bashed it from its center dent style into a teardrop or diamond-with-dome, as I call it. It's rapidly become my go-to hat.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Too windy for the Buckaroos, so out come the Hat People cap. All these awesome hats lately has got that damn hat bug biting me again lol.

HatPeopleHeatherCap1.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The other Stetson......

Photo-on-2011-12-07-at-1140-3-M.jpg

This morning outside in my minty Stetson. The other Stetson fellow. The hat, while can appear to be very plain, to my eye has some classic lines. A simple thinner ribbon, 2 3/4 brim, taller crown with litle to no taper and the marvelous color is a classic look that I appreciate wearing. Simple center dent and squeezed in side dents and the hat is ready to go. Unadorned, but yet remains a fav go to hat for me.

Liner/leather:
Again, simplisity at it's best. The simple liner logo and more simple leather and rear bow treatment just plain work. Good choices, IMO, for this hat by the designers. I suspect it was inexpensive in the hat world at its respective day. This hat is truly minty - no wear marks at all, no stains, just some small age spots.

Photo-on-2011-12-07-at-1141-2-M.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. Tipping my other Stetson in your diection, Eric -

Last edited:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
The other Stetson......

The hat, while can appear to be very plain, to my eye has some classic lines. A simple thinner ribbon, 2 3/4 brim, taller crown with litle to no taper and the marvelous color is a classic look that I appreciate wearing. Simple center dent and squeezed in side dents and the hat is ready to go. Unadorned, but yet remains a fav go to hat for me. Eric -

I Agree, that is a classy hat.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
That's a good looking semi-Whippet, Benz.
Hatophile, it was an eBay win from a seller we've seen on there a lot. He posts pics that almost look like paintings, and writes a up a complete blurb, almost an advertising job in itself, about each hat. This RS he trumpeted as akin to the kind of hat Howard Hughes might have worn when he was flying, or like the model sported by Leonardo DiCaprio in the HH biopic a few years ago.

To me it seems more like the fedora worn by Gary Cooper in "For Whom the Bell Tolls," but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael