Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, David and Alan, thanks for the nice comments, I appreciate them.
Alan, yes, I am late with the Emerson, but not to late I hope.

Alan, gorgeous Nutria, you are a man with truly rare and beautiful Hats.

Jeff, a new young man under the beard. Looks good under the Hat!

Carl, I see a new lid on your head, very nice the Brooks.

H.Herdick, welcome, great the Penman Hat.

It appears some people do not like my pictures with my gun, They said I shouldn't post pictures wearing my guns, now I don't complain about people at work with their computers and anything else they use for work. My guns and badge are a part of my job if they don't like the pictures don't look at them. I have received 3 PMs about it. Unbelievable I told them take your pictures and I'll take mine leave it at that. I'm not breaking any rules am I? Oh well sorry guys.
Carl

There are many folks on this forum who own and shoot guns for fun, not as part of their jobs. There are others who may have objections to guns. I own some antique guns, but not into shooting or hunting, but if guns are your hobby or job, I don't see a problem posting pics with them. I like the look with your hats, very vintage.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
There are many folks on this forum who own and shoot guns for fun, not as part of their jobs. There are others who may have objections to guns. I own some antique guns, but not into shooting or hunting, but if guns are your hobby or job, I don't see a problem posting pics with them. I like the look with your hats, very vintage.

I don't see a problem either as, just like Perry, I myself own a couple of old guns that belonged to my dad. Like him and Perry, I'm not into shooting or hunting. I can see, though, how other people could be more sensitive and feel uncomfortable about them. I'm all about tolerance and, although you didn't ask for advise Chief, I'd suggest the "show us your guns thread" Folks there, myself included a couple of times when I received dad's guns, post all sort of beautiful guns and firearms in general. Also, if the guns are part of your work attire, folks should understand that you're--I assume-- in law enforcement and that's a different story, and tolerance should be exersised.

Chief000731

Practically Family
I don't see a problem either as, just like Perry, I myself own a couple of old guns that belonged to my dad. Like him and Perry, I'm not into shooting or hunting. I can see, though, how other people could be more sensitive and feel uncomfortable about them. I'm all about tolerance and, although you didn't ask for advise Chief, I'd suggest the "show us your guns thread" Folks there, myself included a couple of times when I received dad's guns, post all sort of beautiful guns and firearms in general. Also, if the guns are part of your work attire, folks should understand that you're--I assume-- in law enforcement and that's a different story, and tolerance should be exersised.
Well it's been a part of my job for over 20 years. I don't tell other people what to post I think there are still some freedoms left I'm not showing a gun I'm showing hats. Somebody name one time I had a gun out showing it. Hell people don't know what it is until they ask. I answered that on this thread. Besides I'm not showing my guns. I'm either going to work or coming home from work, they are not out for display. Just like papers in a notebook one would carry they are not displayed...
Thanks Carl

Last edited:

Chief000731

Practically Family
Yes, and nice professional-looking photograph, too!

Chief, the guns don't bother me. What really offends me is the little metal tractor and doll on your porch! I mean, shouldn't the doll be wearing a hat??
Hahaha what the hell I was set to be all pissed off about this whole deal... Hahaha doll on the tractor hahahaha

Chief000731

Practically Family
My first post here.

Today:

9921659mht.jpg

A John Penman hat: beaver, Indy IV traveller. Color: light granite. Ribbon: iron vintage

I'm proud to wear a Penmanhat. The best hat I ever had.
Welcome...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice Penman, H! I almost got a similar one from John but changed my order to the Casablanca. I do have a grey Indy IV hat in my future though.

A little cooler here today, my faithful weekend hat - the Garrison Raiders - has been on my head most of the day so far.

smugshot1112010-L.jpg

coble

A-List Customer
DJH great looking lid, and nice shoes in the background. :eusa_clap

Welcome Herdick, nice penman lid you got their, i see you've come to join in on all the fun. :)

this is from yesterday at work, early morning.
403987_10150756347230350_503590349_12186853_190612378_n.jpg

It appears some people do not like my pictures with my gun, They said I shouldn't post pictures wearing my guns, now I don't complain about people at work with their computers and anything else they use for work. My guns and badge are a part of my job if they don't like the pictures don't look at them. I have received 3 PMs about it. Unbelievable I told them take your pictures and I'll take mine leave it at that. I'm not breaking any rules am I? Oh well sorry guys.
Carl

Carl, I like your posts and your photos portray an interesting and colorful guy. If I were to suggest losing something, it would be the cigarettes. We'd like to have you around for a while.

:)

Thanks for the comments on the Stetson Real Nutria Quality western. It's one of the great hats that have come my way from Zetwal. For those who might have not seen pictures of it, there is a closer look here.

Good lookin' western there, Alan. I bet that feels heavy upon the bean, especially after wearing one of your featherweight hats.

This hat is not a lightweight... just under 6 ounces. But the fit is excellent - the sweatband touches my head evenly all the way around so the load has a balance that just feels great. I do make sure to wear heavy shoes if the wind is blowing though. :plane:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner