Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Jason, looks good on you the new Straw from Art, but I tought that you were happy with your Capricorn.

Yeah, I'm a fickle little brat, I know. The Capricorn is a fine hat, in spite of its origins as a piece of plastic, but I have yet to wear it out anywhere. I wore my new VS on a gig last night, am wearing it now, and will most likely wear on my gigs tonight and tomorrow night. That's a pretty good sign that I'm smitten, I'd say!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I'm a jazz guitar player.

Wow, there are some talented folk on this forum. Do you do Django type stuff? I think Joshbru is into that.

I just saw your post! I played in a Django-esque band called Cafe Noir for 10 years. Django never ceases to amaze me.

I'm also a Jazz/Blues Guitar player. My grandfather has been a Jazz guitar player for the last 75 years and at age 90 is still swinging better than ever. As a child he introduced me to some pretty famous jazz people that were friends of his. Joe Pass was a personal friend of his and he used to go to Joe's house and jam all the time. I never got to meet Joe, but my grandfather always told me that no one could play any better than Joe. Pretty much my whole life I was raised on dixieland, gypsy jazz, swing, early jazz, blues, etc. I've been playing guitar for the last 16 years and drums for the last 18 years.

Django never ceases to amaze me either! Mainly due to the fact that before him, no one had that sound, and after him everybody wanted to copy it. He could only really use his two fingers to play chords ( he could lay his other 3 on the fretboard, but not move them) and still was able to play those wonderful lead lines and solos.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
I'm also a Jazz/Blues Guitar player. My grandfather has been a Jazz guitar player for the last 75 years and at age 90 is still swinging better than ever. As a child he introduced me to some pretty famous jazz people that were friends of his. Joe Pass was a personal friend of his
Hey guys....we should start a Jazz thread....I'm a trumpet player, but I took some lessons with Joe Pass...;)
He opened the door for me on playing over II V's in a minor key....I was a kid and that Harmonic minor stuff JP showed me really freed me up...:)
Sorry...didn't mean to jump your conversation like that...just happy to see Jazz players around...

Jb...How you doing...hows the gig scene in Dallas these days?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner