Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Galt

Vendor
A western today, for the county fair. New custom 7x, from The Hat Store in Houston TX, with a brand new pencil-roll John-crease that I am calling "California Peaks" in honor of the two great white broken top mountains that shadow me here in far Northern California. It was a pretty stiff taco in its' prior incarnation.

View attachment 1568

View attachment 1569

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
My holiday weekend has been grand, so far. Saturday was sunny and bright; spent the first part of the day at church and then my household had a nice quiet nap for an hour or so. Played outside with the kids and then had a nice dinner in. Been swooping my hats, lately (Thanks, David! :)). Wore my Saks again that day (it was bright and sunny)...

image-5.jpg

Then on Sunday I spent some time on house needs, back and forth to The Home Depot. We've been renovating our master bathroom due to repairs and my closet, so I've been mudding and sanding and prepping the walls for the painters. I'm so excited that they're almost done!!! Sunday evening was memorable. Nothing fancy, but we went out for dinner a local hot wing joint ($3 Cafe, great wings, wraps, and salads), and then to downtown Historic Marietta for a stroll around the town. However, I left my phone at home and my wife's camera had low batteries, so no pics. :(

The scene was something out of an old movie with pleasantries about. There were a lot of people just hanging out and communing with each other, walking around square, taking pictures, walking dogs, and playing in the park. I saw 4 or 5 fedoras and straws there. It was everything you'd expect to see at the local small town Square. I left there feeling that my day was complete. Wore my new Barlesoni Panalite straw. And it was, indeed, lightweight! It was bright, so it's hard to see the other dent on the crown, but it's there...

image-6.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, for the Black Sheep comments guys.

Some great hats today, that Stevens straw looks just right, Monte.

Che - fantastic photos of your Royal Stetson.

GD - I like the look of your Stetsonian too.

JG - nice western.

AnA - two good looking hats, cool swoop in that first shot :)

Ecto - very cool!

Monte

A-List Customer
SeaBass, you are too kind and you're right--Awesome is the right word for that Royal Stetson.
Manfred, thanx and hope your weekend was great.
A'n'A, I like the Saks and the proportions on the straw are nice.
David, thank you, sir.
G.Durand, nice backdrop for a sharp hat.
Jlee, drizzling here too: I think I can hear our garden growing now. I "washed" three hats lately and didn't even break a sweat.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great Optimo, Jared.

J1 - that is a beautiful VS.

Worth & Worth Montecristi for me this morning

smugshot_857441-L.jpg

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Wandered around Manilva, Spain today on foot, checking out the ancient streets. The wine they cultivate on the hillsides is sold locally only, in bulk. I don't normally go for white wines, but this one tasted superb. Maybe it was just the sunshine and sea breeze, but I don't think so.

Akubra Byron
imagexfjc.jpg

Last edited:
Just AMAZING. Off to the northern hills for a few days WITHOUT INTERNET. I made it!! Now to try to catch up, although maybe more appropriate in the Fedoras Afield thread, since I haven't even caught up to today...
Yesterday, after a Memorial Day weekend of cold, SNOW, (yes, several inches around the area, up to 18" in upstate NY) rain, and mind-blowingly beautiful scenery as a result, I return unshaven mountain man.
Note, SBG (Eric) new Pendleton, purchased from the winter clearance rack in time for the re-emergence of winter! PERFECT match for this mid fifties Royal Stetson of unusual color, and ready for NEXT year.
IMG_2732_zps37a16358.jpg
[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy