Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Galt

Vendor
f9daef4474db4b08db2c43e07a278690.jpg

Great hats everyone!
Today wearing my vintage Knox Vagabond.

Maybe I spoke too soon!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Hi Bob :beer: nice one
Me lookin for glasses, Resistol 4X
But still found the camera to take a picture ;)
Nice Resistol.
Not much of a drinker but to you :beer:

Wearing the Grey Stetson 25 again this rainy day. No headshot. Joao, here are the two Champ Featherweights, side by side, with the light blue on the right and grey on the left.
This lighting does not help. They are different, one looks grey, the other yellowed, but I believe in your word.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
This first day of October was another Stagecoach day.
This Hi-Ho first
20151001.jpg

Then this official unknown model Stagecoach but I call it John Galt since it was the one he cleaned and changed the hatband for me.
20151001b.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Great hats all, but Tommy's shark gill is my favorite so far today.

True that, and it's good to see you again, Rusty. Nice hat, too.

Getting in late, all I had was artificial light to take shots of the Lee Trinity. It fits better on my long oval head with a slight tear drop, reverse forward pinch and the brim up.
IMG_6781_zpsev8ma5xl.jpg

IMG_6786_zpsh3xuehfg.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A real bunch of excellent hats, my friends

In a grey and windy italian morning I wear a Tirard
15pmp01.jpg

French made in the sixties it is NOS
dqsuxh.jpg

Unlined and made in medium felt, overwelted brim. Color tawny
m9p1fl.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
Great hats and caps all around yesterday!

Today I am wearing my “mystery” Byer-Rolnick-era (late 1950s-early 60s) Resistol. While it should likely be the San Antonio model, the sweatband is actually marked both “Fort Worth” and “Pecos” – and it was sold in Minnesota.

What a GREAT day to be alive, especially considering the alternatives!!

So for this rainy, or potentially rainy day, a Black Sheep Hat Works (BSHW) "Hooper," in granite, with (IMO) a subtle western influence.

DSC01358.jpg DSC01363.jpg DSC01366.jpg DSC01368.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well Windows is outnumbered by two to one :D
Still windows looks to be your main.

Today I am wearing my “mystery” Byer-Rolnick-era (late 1950s-early 60s) Resistol. While it should likely be the San Antonio model, the sweatband is actually marked both “Fort Worth” and “Pecos” – and it was sold in Minnesota.
Are there other hats with the model name in the sweatband than the Open Road?

TPD166

One Too Many
Joao - some of the older Resistols (especially OR styled) had the name on the sweatband. The Resistol closest to the OR (IMO) was the San Antonio, but I've also had early models called the Saddler and the Wide County, both similar to the Open Road (these same names were later recycled by Resistol for other non-OR models). I don't recall seeing specific model names on the sweatbands of Resistols after Byer-Rolnick sold out in the 1960s, but most of my Resistols are from the B-R era. I also have a cattleman-styled western called "The Stockman" on the sweatband - it was made for a western outfitter by Resistol, but not branded as Resistol (probably from the late 1960s).

Are there other hats with the model name in the sweatband than the Open Road?

Last edited:

Miamibruno

One Too Many
g.durand – Awesome Trinity. That hat is pristine. Gorgeous color as well.

Danielle – Il cappello perfetto per un giornata grigia.

Strapped – Don’t you find that wool doesn’t hold up in rain as well as fur felt?

TPD – Call it what you will, it is one nice hat.

HatsRme- That hat looks great on you. A classic for a classic.

For me, a Flaisher’s cobalt fedora. Flaisher’s was a hat store in Lowell, Massachusetts that had Henry the Hatter. Yes, there are two of them. One in Detroit and the other in Lowell. Both made some great hats.

Photo on 10-2-15 at 8.09 AM.jpg

Photo on 10-2-15 at 8.09 AM #2.jpg

Photo on 10-2-15 at 8.09 AM #3.jpg

More eyepopping, jawdropping and breathtaking lids here ALL WEEK!

MiamiB cobalt had to be a real premium color, I would think. Gorgeous!

And, unless there were two Henry the Hatters in Massachusetts (who knows?) Henry Goldstein's shop (as I recall) was in Lynn, Lynn, the City of... But Lowell, Massachusetts was also home to Parrot Hatters, on Merrimack St. I actually remember going there in my earliest hat days (late 1970's). I was the only guy my age in the shop at the time.

If Bob (Roberts) opened a hat shop, that's what he'd name it, now that the name is available again!

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Strapped – Don’t you find that wool doesn’t hold up in rain as well as fur felt?

I'm sure this one will show some shrinkage over time, but it's an inexpensive woolie that's been treated with Scotchguard so I can wear it in the rain when I absolutely HAVE to be outside in bad weather. It's a casual day at the office today and the hat matched well with my jeans and Wolverines. Yep, still wearing a tie on a casual day. Doing so keeps me in a productive frame of mind and helps set me apart from the ultra-casual crowd around the office. And upper management notices.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
More eyepopping, jawdropping and breathtaking lids here ALL WEEK!

MiamiB cobalt had to be a real premium color, I would think. Gorgeous!

And, unless there were two Henry the Hatters in Massachusetts (who knows?) Henry Goldstein's shop (as I recall) was in Lynn, Lynn, the City of... But Lowell, Massachusetts was also home to Parrot Hatters, on Merrimack St. I actually remember going there in my earliest hat days (late 1970's). I was the only guy my age in the shop at the time.

If Bob (Roberts) opened a hat shop, that's what he'd name it, now that the name is available again!

Great name. Your giving me ideas... I'll sell the birds and you sell the hats! Twofer one anybody...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL