Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
'60s Worth Walden custom Beaver "50"
aIMG_8983_zpsbb342ee0.jpg

Great shot, D-man. A fine looking lid.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Busy day - Knights Trail Run (5K) in morning, coaching my optional gymnasts thru early afternoon (US Gymnastics Women Level 7-10's) and finally back at home. I am longingly looking at the lake and considering getting a boat in the water. The 50'F temps this afternoon are just refreshing.

IMG2941-L.jpg

Best, Eric -

(Pendleton Boardshirt and VS Executive in blue smoke for inquiring minds.)

That hat ought to class up Minneapolitans' sense of casual dress style.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning from a 40'F morning. Out and about in a Stetson 25X Open Road this morning.

IMG2955-M.jpg

IMG2963-M.jpg

This is the beginning of the Birds of Prey annual migration. The larger birds follow the migrating small birds (food source) south. They can start as far north as northern Canada and follow the migratory paths, thru my neighborhood, and to their winter homes. I am getting my binoculars and heading out again to sit and watch the start of the show. The wind and temps suggest I should see a larger number this morning.

Watching, Eric -

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Chepstow Beautiful Snapbrim !

ERIC,
I Dig the OR25, Easy those OR's to keep the brim flat to get the binoculars working...
Bird time here, we found a Cocatiel feeding & rescued untill we find its family, cool bird...
Out back the big birds are fattening up on the overripe cactus fruits & the little guy's are hiding out.. the small birds come out when we do & feed & bath
i have nests almost year round probably due to that global warming stuff...
We take care of the birds here either passing through or the year rounders....
I was sitting out back for a few hours last month & counted 12 varities that stopped by.... the big guys too.
Nice OR25

Last edited:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Everybody’s been looking good. With the wind I’ve mostly been wearing my cap, but today I had to try out the new modified black Federation IV. This was the only headshot that somewhat turned out.

BlackHat_zpsab85e3e5.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Beater Resistol- the sequel. The replacement for my previous beater Resistol, whose sweatband recently gave up the ghost.

IMG_6103_zps2860c4cc.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

Last edited:
Manfred, The new Borso looks fantastic!

Eric, Great back drop for your super Stetson 25X Open Road!

Spencer, You always have such great combos! The Beater Resistol really works!

BJ, Super crown height / pinch work with your Akubra Fed IV. Also love to see black hats!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Everybody’s been looking good. With the wind I’ve mostly been wearing my cap, but today I had to try out the new modified black Federation IV. This was the only headshot that somewhat turned out.

BJ; Nicely done mods to the Fed IV. The brim changes are attractice, IMO. It gives the hat a downtown fedora look. Very appropriate for a black hat. Your pics show you often in more formal suit and attire. The black should suit those situations well. As to the ribbon, you have courage sir. Nice work. I may have an undergrad degree in Mech.Engineering, but I know my limits with tools. Your limits appear to include making hat ribbons. Way to go. On the Akubra thread the pics show your work to be done well. As to ribbon quality, perhaps you could contact a cstom hatter and pick up just enough to upgrade the ribbon.

Felt weather is before us Minnesota folks. Just 2.5 hours north of us, Duluth, they had their first snow yesterday. Yea for cooler temps. I see the conifers in your yard (pic), faired well in the poor rainfall recieved this summer. Good omen and I wish for more rain and good winter snowfalls for your trees and mine.

Best, Eric -

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Lots of great hats [and caps] this weekend, everyone!! I've been so addicted to fedoras this year that I totally forgot about my caps. Today I wore my non-vintage Jaxon driving cap and my McLaren F1 team jersey. My driver, Jenson Button, placed P2 (second place) in the Singapore Grand Prix. I really do love this cap!

41F44AA9_zpse59b4e49.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, Great back drop for your super Stetson 25X Open Road!

Spencer, You always have such great combos! The Beater Resistol really works!

BJ, Super crown height / pinch work with your Akubra Fed IV. Also love to see black hats!

100% agree!!

Steve, sharp Hat this VEB looks good on you!

Alive, cool photo with great looking cap!

Che and Steve, thanks for the kind words about the new Borso!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Cool photo, AnA.

JB fan here as well.

My niece works at MacLaren, shame that she has not the slightest interest in the racing.

Anyway, autumn is in the air in New Hampshire this morning. Bluegrass Whippet.

smugshot968040-L.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
My compliments to everyone for a fine weekend display of wonderful hats, as always! :yo:

David: Beautiful Whippet. We must be on a similar wavelength as I wore my Bluegrass Whippet yesterday!

Perry: Love that green Clarendon of yours!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Autumn...And The Four Seasons

On a clear Autumn day, you can see forever. Or so it seemed this past weekend.

A chill in the morning air on the first day of Autumn. The sky was a brilliant azure and the dazzling sunlight made every shade of color indescribably vibrant. After Lydia and I picked Ryan up from his PSAT review, we headed over to one of our favorite Nepalese restaurants in the Twin Cities: Everest On Grand, on Grand Avenue in St. Paul. Late '20s-early '30s Stetson Standard Quality.

I am particularly fond of the Chef's Khasi(goat curry), served during their Saturday lunch buffet.

Driving along Summit Avenue after lunch, an 'Estate Sale' sign on a well manicured lawn caught our eyes, so we made an unplanned stop.

We often feel that we are witnesses to a family's entire life history when we attend these estate sales, as the items and their memories are dispersed. The lovely cottage, on an avenue famous for its stately mansions, belonged to the widow of a WWII veteran, a Lt. Colonel who served in the ETO. The home and its contents were being sold due to the widow's move to a nursing home. I only found two hats, both of which laid unwanted in a bedroom closet upstairs, ignored by the hundreds of people who rummaged through the house since much earlier that morning. I love the Lt. Colonel's ca.1920s college graduation mortarboard cap. Well marked, very nicely made, and with a nice leather sweatband with taped rear seam.

The Lt. Colonel's size 7-1/2 garrison cap, missing its sterling rank badge but otherwise in perfect condition.

The facade and neon marquee of the State Theater in Minneapolis, at sunset.

On this, the first evening of Fall, we were there to see Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons.

Lydia and I remembered listening to Frankie Valli in the '70s and '80s, and of course our parents loved listening to them in the sixties. Ryan became a fan after seeing their autobiographical Broadway musical Jersey Boys.

When it was completed in 1921, the State Theater was considered the most elaborate and technologically advanced theater in America. It underwent renovations in the late '80s and re-opened to the public in 1991.

The original bottom-lit glass stage floor is gone, but nearly all of the original interior and exterior ornamentation and embellishments, including the main chandeliers, murals, and seat frames, have been retained.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Sunday was yet another stunningly beautiful day and we were on the run yet again. Outside Cecil's Deli in St. Paul in the morning. 1940s Stetson Whippet, in Bluegrass.

Hitting a few antiques shops in the early afternoon. The Bluegrass color has a definite bluish-grey cast under intense sunlight.

We seem to never have enough time at the antiques shops, but there is always time for one last picture.

Rushed back home in the late afternoon to drop Ryan off at school for his dress rehearsal.

I could not help but marvel at the amazingly blue sky.

At Ryan's concert Sunday evening. The green undertone of my Whippet is more evident under incandescent lighting. A nice finale to the first weekend of Autumn.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Al; Thanks for sharing your adventures this weekend. Well presented pictorial of a Twin Cities weekend chock full of activity.

Felt weather is certainly with Minnesota. I am enjoying your hat choices.

Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner