Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
0c78c67fc6fe6ddc6f311d78e10ab2e3.jpg

24c9296afb3e89409f269a31b4a85835.jpg

be9ff895917b0e60cbbd7799b6fe02d4.jpg

91e1a2d7ec2dc32c8649292b1e9527cb.jpg

45f28e5fa5c24b7b7c497abcabbb6eea.jpg

Mostly custom bowlers lately, because of very strong winds:

Baron hats dark moss
Knudsen hats brown woolie
Buckaroo hatters whiskey derby
Clearwater hats with a horsehair band

And one black beaver fedora by Dennis Brooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Stetsonian on this gray Friday.
It's anything but grey here. At last I have a hat that can top off a variety of summer clothes without going for one of my straws. Esther, I must pass on a compliment, two schoolgirls about 14/15 years old, saw me out shopping yesterday, one said: "I like the way you dress mister." For a minute, I thought that they were mocking me, the only hat teenagers know is a baseball cap, and that's worn back to front. But no, they were truly complimentary,even thought your hat was: "Cool."
Esther-hat 001.JPG

40Cal

One Too Many
Terry that Nutria felt beaut is amazing! Talk about CLASSIC!!

Matt, I know you have a soft spot for Hommies lately, but that Pilgrim today is totally PERFECT for you!

Fruno the Homburg is right on to honor your friend, sir. Condolences to the friends and family.

Mark you may be crawling about today, but how about an "end-of-the-day" shot?!

Esther, a GORGEOUS couple of colors today! Just lovely!! The Trump-talk is ok. You're among friends!

Alan you look completely comfy traveling under that beauty! Poor River!!

Sergio your D'Aquino will brighten up a dreary day, dude!

GDurand, that's another classic, my friend. And you do it RIGHT!

Daniele that classic gray is SUCH a beautiful example!

Steve, I've missed a mention of your lids over the last couple of days, but thank you for keeping the standard so high. I want a black bowler (even 1/2 as nice) that fits me!!

40cal you have really kept the bar high! Great hats, great photos. Keep 'em coming!

Safetyfast, a SUPER Strat, that hat!!

Looking GREAT this morning, Dexter, Err, Bob!!
Thank you sir! You are too kind

Kevlar

New in Town
HOTD 3_25.JPG

One that I have had since the hat fever took hold again following my Dad’s death – a Dobbs Twenty ultra-stingy brim fedora. Not green, but “oliverde,” according to the tag inside the sweatband. Sold through Gimbels Mens Store (no city of origin). Picked it up at the local farmers market and wore it back home. A blunt, anonymous city slicker that is self-deprecating, just sitting there on your head, stoically doing its job in a no-nonsense manner until it goes back on the hat stand and waits its turn in the rotation. A utility infielder that does whatever the job calls for and asks for little in return other than a nice brushing every now and then.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 47070

One that I have had since the hat fever took hold again following my Dad’s death – a Dobbs Twenty ultra-stingy brim fedora. Not green, but “oliverde,” according to the tag inside the sweatband. Sold through Gimbels Mens Store (no city of origin). Picked it up at the local farmers market and wore it back home. A blunt, anonymous city slicker that is self-deprecating, just sitting there on your head, stoically doing its job in a no-nonsense manner until it goes back on the hat stand and waits its turn in the rotation. A utility infielder that does whatever the job calls for and asks for little in return other than a nice brushing every now and then.
Nice homage.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Looking sharp,y'all.
Anthony's sage strat and the tan pinup liner lid are among favorites, at a quick glance, as well as that buckaroo of Bob Roberts.
Esther, at least you're frustrated in style. The trim on that one looks superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx Bowlerman. You look good in your namesake.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Terry that Nutria felt beaut is amazing! Talk about CLASSIC!!

Matt, I know you have a soft spot for Hommies lately, but that Pilgrim today is totally PERFECT for you!

Fruno the Homburg is right on to honor your friend, sir. Condolences to the friends and family.

Mark you may be crawling about today, but how about an "end-of-the-day" shot?!

Esther, a GORGEOUS couple of colors today! Just lovely!! The Trump-talk is ok. You're among friends!

Alan you look completely comfy traveling under that beauty! Poor River!!

Sergio your D'Aquino will brighten up a dreary day, dude!

GDurand, that's another classic, my friend. And you do it RIGHT!

Daniele that classic gray is SUCH a beautiful example!

Steve, I've missed a mention of your lids over the last couple of days, but thank you for keeping the standard so high. I want a black bowler (even 1/2 as nice) that fits me!!

40cal you have really kept the bar high! Great hats, great photos. Keep 'em coming!

Safetyfast, a SUPER Strat, that hat!!

Looking GREAT this morning, Dexter, Err, Bob!!
Thx Charlie. As long as you don't call me "Poindexter.

foamy

A-List Customer
Happy Friday folks.

I woke up this morning and realized that I don't just deserve comfort... I deserve CUSHION COMFORT, gosh darnit! Accordingly, I have chosen this nice grey Pilgrim for the day.
1220b143edd7d731c1d969d16163bec7.jpg
4b0e395d9aae19d492dc11ff71f520e7.jpg
148326e850c3bcb2c0c7b29ba246681a.jpg
3bff5771823310687a0fdf212a3c6e22.jpg
509dbcde2d710a0614ce5d51301f1c60.jpg

I also discovered a way to get my son out of the car early at the bus stop. Perhaps it was inspired by seeing the pin-up girl in Anthony's hat over the last couple of days, but I got the fancy to listen to this LOUD as I drove the boy to the bus stop. He bailed as soon as he could safely do so.

Hard not to smile while listening to that on this lovely good Friday morning.

I hope that you each have a great Saturday eve.
Wow, that's nice.

EstherWeis

Vendor
It's anything but grey here. At last I have a hat that can top off a variety of summer clothes without going for one of my straws. Esther, I must pass on a compliment, two schoolgirls about 14/15 years old, saw me out shopping yesterday, one said: "I like the way you dress mister." For a minute, I thought that they were mocking me, the only hat teenagers know is a baseball cap, and that's worn back to front. But no, they were truly complimentary,even thought your hat was: "Cool."
View attachment 47068

Smashing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo