Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

germanshepherd72

New in Town
Sun and windy and the temperature increase until 5 C°
It will rain because it is too hot for the period
wr1fmf.jpg

An impressive Borsalino for Monday day
2uh5o55.jpg

Black and elegant even if my jacket is not the right one :rolleyes:
20gfk8m.jpg

Sold in Germany - Munchen
bdl44z.jpg

Qualità Superiore, medium thick felt
68akq1.jpg

A smile to wish you a good Monday

Thanks a lot for the Sunday likes on the grey Borsalino
I love that hat.

Sent from my E5506 using Tapatalk

Celia

A-List Customer
Hey folks!
Beautiful warm and sunny day here in NorCal. Joining forces with Daniele in my 40's Flechet Haut Luxe Diplomatique. French Wednesday? I don't want to wait two days for French Friday.

a061067aa1ec87e120121bfd743e1717.jpg
923f751caa58c3b9b1545b49e2cbd972.jpg
6b19272202516b9955ffb45a953bf294.jpg

Have a great day!

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.

Happy hump day everyone! Friday is right around the corner....
15665583_10102929355550398_4996126828189496846_n.jpg
Yay, more homburgs! Very nice :) Didn't see the two homburg wearers in town again today, but did pass a hat wearing couple: he wore a pork pie and she a bowler. Not bad...

Celia – What is the “nothing special” hat? Love the roses in that second hat. Beautiful.

Running around doing errands in my Caxton this morning.

View attachment 63263 View attachment 63262

It was just my old Hobson. Rainy and windy day today so needed something that can withstand the elements and not get blown off my head.
Thank you for the compliment, I like the roses hat too, it is American and dates from the 50s, and it's got a lovely oriental looking red and gold flowery silk liner that no one can see, but knowing it's there makes wearing it feel a bit more special...
You're wearing a nice hat again today, quite a collection you've got there!

Apologies to all of you I haven't mentioned individually, there are just too many great hats again today and I am too tired. I'm afraid the like button will have to do...

Last edited:

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Haha, of course there's no such thing as too many hats! I've always been into wide ribbons, I think they make a hat look quite distinguished, but brown hats had to grow on me as well...

+1 on wide ribbons. I like wearing hats tilted back and to one side, which means I show a lot of my hats' under-sides. A wider ribbon is able to peak over the edging even if the hat is tilted back, which maintains a nice contrast between the crown and brim.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Now that is my idea of the perfect Homburg Daniele! Very beautiful. We need to talk... I'll be in touch after the first of the year, begging on bended knee!
Red Thanks a lot!
When it will be time....here I'm

Super looking Hommie Daniele.
Thanks Perry!

Great looking homburg Daniele. I like that big crown and brim roll. Feel free to send some of that 13C this way if you get tired of it.
Michael it seems tomorrow it will be more cold
I will keep you inform :rolleyes:

The proportions on this one are so right!!
Sergej thanks! Every EU hats producers had its own standard in homburg
French were impressive

The perfect 'burg, Daniele!! Somebody went to the barber?!
I really don't know if the furs hats fooled me.....

Bravo!! I love this hat! Excellent choice.
Thanks blue!

Freakin' sweet!
Thanks Matt!

Joining forces with Daniele in my 40's Flechet Haut Luxe Diplomatique. French Wednesday? I don't want to wait two days for French Friday.
Yes John, we are la force de frappe des homburgs

Danielle – The ribbon almost looks purple. Beautiful.
Adrian, the ribbon on the brim is purple ;)

Bellissimo, Daniele! You know I love homburgs anyway, and this one is especially beautiful. Pure French elegance...
Thanks Celia. Your Christmas fascinator (maybe it is not the right word) is too classic

I love that hat.
Thanks a lot!

Today I was impressed by the quality of the hats seen here.
Bravissimi e congratulazioni!
Maybe Christmas that pushes you to overdo it?
I want to share that hat called Homburg , Lobbia or Diplomatique or Eden is one of my favorite type :)
Good continuation of FL

Thank you, much appreciated. I keep looking myself too. I'm closer to the source here - although yours was made for the American market of course... Looks like I might be going to Vienna again in the new year too, who knows what I might find there :)
Most of my hats come from European sources. This style hat was made for the American market. I actually have an earlier one from JHS that is higher quality. I compared the two a while back if you want to take a look.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/135-j-hueckel´s-soehne-zephyr-seal-velour-late-1930s-vs-tonak-formely-hueckel-zephyr-seal-velour-late-1940s-early-1950s/

Here is another JHS that belongs to RLK (Robert) that has amazing hat collection.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionz...hne-hückel-hutfabrik-weilheim/page-6#entry708

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Esther – Diggin’ that red. Nice!

Serge – Very nice, indeed. Esther does some nice work.

hatsRme – Wow. Wonderful winter wear. Works well with the wounded wing.

Buler – Nice. Like that ribbon.

Celia – What is the “nothing special” hat? Love the roses in that second hat. Beautiful.

MM – Great colors on the hat. Nice.

Strapped – You’ve outdone yourself.

David – Wow on that ribbon. Beautiful colors.

BobH – That’s cause they’re so darn wearable.

Hato – Great ensemble as usual.

RJR – Like that color.

40Cal – As usual, a beauty.

Jeremiah – That’s a great Borsalino. Looks like you guys are having a great time. It ain’t Florida, though.

Red – A stingy brim bowl or wide brim?

Michael A – Quite a winter’s outfit. You could be on safari.

Blue – Nice homburg.

Knotten – Sharp as a tack. Nice Fed.

Bob – THAT is a sharp hat, is what that is.

Fed – There is NO WAY it can be that warm. Unfair. Foul. Penalty. But a great hat. Very nice, indeed.

Moehawk – Sharp Fletchet. Love the brim binding.

Thx Miamibruno. I found their remains under a fold in the box...

EstherWeis

Vendor
Lovely, as usual, E!
Thank you Harv!

Lovely hat, jacket and lady. Perfect look this morning.

Michael
Thank you Michael. Means a lot from the style master :)

I've been struggling to determine which suits you better... the stylish tureen or the lovely hat you are wearing today. It's a very close call, but I'm going to choose today's selection (but only by a smidgen).
Aw! Thank you Matt!
What a stunning hat you have today.

Good morning Agent Carter !!! Love that red hat Esther !!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Thank you Rodolfo
Smashing!

A very rich looking red. You wear this color with aplomb! I now have my Esther-fix for today...Yay!
Ha :)
Thanks red.
Nice,great colors.
Thx!

Great hat! @EstherWeis

Looks great! @buler

Fantastic one Matt! @mmbarnes
Thank you!

Monsivais

e6415a45ede564745f2b8385262357e9.jpg

7765f0487b7e16f0b9dbaeb30630a7f1.jpg

I love that fabric!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Esther – Diggin’ that red. Nice!

Serge – Very nice, indeed. Esther does some nice work.

hatsRme – Wow. Wonderful winter wear. Works well with the wounded wing.

Buler – Nice. Like that ribbon.

MM – Great colors on the hat. Nice.

Strapped – You’ve outdone yourself.

David – Wow on that ribbon. Beautiful colors.

BobH – That’s cause they’re so darn wearable.

Hato – Great ensemble as usual.

RJR – Like that color.

40Cal – As usual, a beauty.

Jeremiah – That’s a great Borsalino. Looks like you guys are having a great time. It ain’t Florida, though.

Red – A stingy brim bowl or wide brim?

Michael A – Quite a winter’s outfit. You could be on safari.

Blue – Nice homburg.

Knotten – Sharp as a tack. Nice Fed.

Bob – THAT is a sharp hat, is what that is.

Fed – There is NO WAY it can be that warm. Unfair. Foul. Penalty. But a great hat. Very nice, indeed.

Moehawk – Sharp Fletchet. Love the brim binding.

Thanks MB!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Yay, more homburgs! Very nice :) Didn't see the two homburg wearers in town again today, but did pass a hat wearing couple: he wore a pork pie and she a bowler. Not bad...

It was just my old Hobson. Rainy and windy day today so needed something that can withstand the elements and not get blown off my head.
Thank you for the compliment, I like the roses hat too, it is American and dates from the 50s, and it's got a lovely oriental looking red and gold flowery silk liner that no one can see, but knowing it's there makes wearing it feel a bit more special...
You're wearing a nice hat again today, quite a collection you've got there!

Apologies to all of you I haven't mentioned individually, there are just too many great hats again today and I am too tired. I'm afraid the like button will have to do...
Thank you Celia!

Kuki

One of the Regulars
TONAK (Formely Hückel) Zephyr Seal Velour probably late 1940s early 1950s. Made for the American market and very difficult to photograph!

31624956432_7d805edfe7_c.jpg

31624936212_a34362b2fc_c.jpg

30930594484_8e0b8ebb18_c.jpg

31625069832_d8e926a13b_c.jpg

31399596760_93e57a176d_c.jpg

Hückel Seal Velour Display (1930s)

31771871505_052b706239_c.jpg
Steve, just WOW... and very intriguing those long stitches on the top edge of the ribbon, were those supposed to stay or to be removed as one opens a pocket on a blazer that is sewn shut?

Thanks for teaching me a new word!
I must confess I had to google it to make sure I had the correct spelling in French... don't ask me why I wrote it in French when there's a perfectly good Engish word for it...
Thank you, Kuki, that's how I feel about it, too. I'm thinking you may not know the story behind this hat. Our good FL friend "Chamuco" has a hat like this. Mine is a copy, simply a clone, of his hat... his name is Rodolfo, so I always refer to this hat as "The Rodolfo" (perhaps "El Rodolfo" is more appropriate) in tribute to his vision, design and collaboration with the hatter, Michael Gannon.
Hi @FedOregon I love the story. I did not know it! Shouldn't all hats have names? They used to have once upon a time... In any case great hat!

Thanks! The hat is stored open crown so this is a one time center crease with side dents (not too forward). Your Fur Felt Cloche is fantastic! Did you make it? I would be interested to know more about the felt too.
I didn't know one had to store open crown hats with the open crown. Isn't it annoying to have to get the steam going every time you want to bash it?... forgive me if it's a silly question.
My cloche is indeed mine as in I made it, I'm so glad you like it. The block is one I bought new at Fratelli Bini and I adore it. Here are pictures of the block: http://blog.deprada.net/?p=60
Unfortunately Mr. Bini died unexpectedly and they closed business. The felt is from Kopka, but I think they don't carry it anymore, I bought it a decade ago. I still have one unblocked. it's wonderful and doublesided (which is wasted on the cloche):
IMG_7555.JPG IMG_7556.JPG IMG_7557.JPG

Beautiful hat for a beautiful lady, and what a classy ensemble!
Thank you Sir!

Lovely.

Your creation?
Yes it is, thank you!!!

@Kuki
Thank you. It has a swirl insert in the brim too. I have a few of those. I like that it adds a feminine touch.

And thank you. The banana thing had been mentioned by others before. I'm not trying out though :)

Beautiful felt!! Nice print.
I must be going blind, will check again the picture to find the swirl. Did you block the two felts at the same time and cut them both together for the whole thing to much. Is there another hat with the opposite color combination me wonders?...
It is a luscious felt, thanks!

Thank you!... it is closer than velour - more of a suede finish. The blue is very rich.
The rich blue comes through in the picture, really wonderful!

Great looking cloche Kuki. Did you print the pattern yourself? That brings to mine the idea of being able to 3-D print a hat from the raw fur. Ha ha.

Glad you liked my clothes and hat today. I agree the hat needs work. I just spent about 10 minutes with the steamer to get a proof of concept. I kind of agree with Charlie that it is small looking, but on the other hand what else am I doing with it these days.

Thanks,
Michael
Thank you Michael. The felt came with the print already on, I've seen pictures of the tools they use to print the felt cones, it's more of a template than a print actually.
If they can print organs with a 3D printer perhaps the raw fur printed hat is not far away. Ha ha.
And your hat as a proof of concept was a success, make it permanent!1

A quick switch to this Borsalino Velour crushable stingy as I prepare to go see the new Star Wars movie with my brother.

21c121e2eb513cb111bec10fb5090067.jpg

I figure it's a little more courteous to the other moviegoers than a Game Bird or an OR...:D

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.
Does it mean you keep your hat on during the film?

Love the print, did you design that yourself too?
The print came already done, part of the felt. It's often done by felt manufacturers, a sort of template is put on the felt and I don't exactly know how the put the print on but they do... popular are animal prints, but also floral.

Beautiful!

It's the Esther Weis again today.
e5d43d55ba5044fce523a744bb41c5a6.jpg
84ef46792fe2d71021801c8403361192.jpg

And a pic to show I do wear trousers when outdoors

484d7bc59ee45218553a892f8ac8b7a8.jpg

Have a nice wednesday my well hatted friends.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
That hat looks great on you, and those paving stones say scream Netherlands to me, somehow the color and the moss in between :)

Nothing special for me today...
View media item 1139
Considering changing into this one later for tonight's Christmas do:
View media item 1140
Awwwwww!!!! LOVE the ribbon roses hat, you must post more pictures!

Some TonyB goodness today - black Tumwater.

9615c0521e20f59c88d4abcb4ef2f8c4.jpg

Cheers!
David
Blown away by that bow David, really. Went directly to my Pinterest bows linings etc. board!

Love the cloche, gives a 30's vibe.
More of 20's?... of course I wasn't there either! ;-)

Damp and cold, but I resisted the siren call of fur. Norm Thompson Shakari by Resistol
P1220515 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1220516 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Mug shotty enough?
P1220517 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Reputedly beaver.
P1220519 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Lots of fine hats here already today. You folks get up too early.

Michael
Great jacket, I love it. Wonderful hat too!

Really lovely pictures, thank you for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails