What is this hat?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Chuck, Jan 21, 2005.

1. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I ordered some felts from Aus in April and cancelled when informed that the Post was not flying items and the method was via ship and the ETA was 3 months. ....unless you were willing to pay huge $$ for courier. I would have expected that to be over by now but I guess not. I guess David Morgan is the viable option for now.

Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.

2. Despite my less than happy past experiences, I bought my Kentucky Rancher from Australian Gear aka Hats by The Hundred and it’s arrived in less than two weeks. I have an order with The Hattery aka Hats Direct and there is a two week delay to get the hat in stock but it’s coming. I don’t know why Everything Australian isn’t shipping internationally unless the province has different rules.

Zombie_61 likes this.

3. You might look through the Stetson catalog too:

http://www.hat-co.com/perch//resources/f20-stetson-city-no-prices.pdf

Rather than starting a new thread for every question please use the existing Q&A thread:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/ask-a-question-get-an-answer.41576/page-1165

Frunobulax likes this.
  4. Florida Boii

Florida Boii New in Town

Oh ok I’ll take a look and sorry I’m new here

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  5. Florida Boii

Florida Boii New in Town

Yes I’m looking to see if there’s a hat just like this one cuz I want to buy it...I’m a fedora lover lol

6. 1967Cougar390

1967Cougar390 Practically Family

I’ve ordered three Akubra’s this year since the “pandemic” started. All have arrived in two weeks. I purchased from The Hattery: https://hatsdirect.com/

As stated earlier in this thread search hat types here or on the link I provided. I’m sure you’ll find something to meet your hat needs.

Steven

7. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck Call Me a Cab

What is your price point. If you want something cheap here is a wool
    https://www.villagehatshop.com/prod...s-c-crown-crushable-wool-felt-fedora-hat.html
    A nice fit felt
    https://www.villagehatshop.com/product/fur-felt/451139-91613/stetson-saxon-fur-felt-fedora-hat.html
    or to go full custom you could get something from any maker listed here. I know I have seen similar stuff from Northwest hats (check out their Facebook page for examples) in the $275 price range or Penman hats... they are great hats but more expensive.

Johnny

8. Good ideas. VS and Northwest also have readymade lines in the $200 price range.

belfastboy and johnnycanuck like this.
  9. Florida Boii

Florida Boii New in Town

Yea I really like The Saxon I think that might be the closest one to the one in the pic

10. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Check out the Northwest Hats line of ready made. Much nicer hat than the Stetson/Saxon. I have one of NW Hat's ready made...... it is a great hat.

11. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

Looks very similar to Bruce Willis's "Last Man Standing" hat. Except the crown on Willis's hat looks taller and straighter sided. Gotta give my vote to the LMS hat. But that's just my opinion....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  12. Zombie_61 and BobHufford like this.
  13. johnnycanuck

Silly question. That section of VS hats was set up under Art Fawcett ownership. Is it still up to date with the new owner?
    Johnny

14. You know, that’s a good question. Art, though his wife, has been selling off some hats including some of the ready made customs on eBay.

I know David Gibson is still running the shop and website, or at least he was the last time I reached out. I don’t know if the stock of those hats went with the shop or if Art has them or????

15. johnnycanuck

I have been at this so long I remember people trying to buy hats from company’s that went under or gave up the web pages without shutting them down. I would really like to know the answer.
    Johnny

16. Give David a call. I know he closed the storefront when non-essential businesses were ordered to close, but all my communication with him since then as been through emails. I know he’s still making hats and absolutely swamped with work.

17. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Silver-Wolf and deadlyhandsome like this.
  18. Silver-Wolf

Silver-Wolf One of the Regulars

If looking at Akubra's I'd say it'd be a toss between the Bogart or Sydney/Stylemaster (is there a difference between the Sydney and Stylemaster or same kinda thing newer/different model).
    Just depends on crown height and type of center crease, pretty much just a step up in brim width from the Hampton. Still a "D" dent styled trilby/fedora with either a center crease or diamond take on top.

19. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I have a Sydney in Fawn....great hat at a very good price.

Zombie_61 and Silver-Wolf like this.
  20. 1967Cougar390

1967Cougar390 Practically Family

I have both, Sydney and Stylemaster. The are close to the same hat. Sydney comes open crown and has a raw edge. Stylemaster has a bound edge and has a pre-creased crown.

Steven