Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Lenore said:
Thank you! I'm hoping to raise her right... Pencil skirts and peep toes, Marilyn and Jane.

The same for me, should I ever have a daughter. :)

Shes cute, btw - She looks just like a cabbage patch kid!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Lenore said:
Thank you! I'm hoping to raise her right... Pencil skirts and peep toes, Marilyn and Jane. My luck she'll think "80's! Oooh! Day-glo!" *slaps head*

My much younger first cousins think anything 80's is a holy relic of fashions past. :rolleyes: I have one, my God Daughter, who gets the 20's-50's thang, even has her hair bobbed! Shhh...don't tell, she's my favorite!

Oh, and to stay OT, found a Guerlain red that I think is awesome and will look simply smashing on the gal willing to put out $45 to own it! :eek: I dunno, I'd have to see it in person...I could be tempted but it would be a big splurge. Maybe I could find a tester and then look for a color that comes close at a more reasonable price!

Lenore

Practically Family
23SkidooWithYou said:
My much younger first cousins think anything 80's is a holy relic of fashions past. :rolleyes: I have one, my God Daughter, who gets the 20's-50's thang, even has her hair bobbed! Shhh...don't tell, she's my favorite!

Oh, and to stay OT, found a Guerlain red that I think is awesome and will look simply smashing on the gal willing to put out $45 to own it! :eek: I dunno, I'd have to see it in person...I could be tempted but it would be a big splurge. Maybe I could find a tester and then look for a color that comes close at a more reasonable price!

Depending if it's worth the trouble (which somethings totally are) you might be able to have it recreated. There are several companies that specialize in recreating colors of discontinued and pricey makeups.. Then again.. most are kinda pricey themselves. [huh]

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
23SkidooWithYou said:

I had my makeup done one time and the makeup artist used a Guerlain red lipstick on me that was a deep bluey red and it was wonderful, it was super moisturizing, but when she told me it was 45 bones...i told her i couldn't afford that. I bought the foundation instead. If you can afford 45 bucks for lippy, i recommend it. I didn't want to wash my face that night....*sigh*

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I wish I could afford 45 smackers for Guerlain lipstick :( I have a gold mascara that you put on the tips of your lashes, and a beautiful deep gold lip gloss. It's pure heaven in a tube...

It's enough to make you want to do the Anna Nicole Smith thing (marrying an aged billionaire, that is!)

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
23SkidooWithYou said:

I have one of the Rouge Gs (aka the $45 lipstick with the crazy case) and I like it, but to be honest I prefer my Guerlain KissKiss lipstick in Excés de Rouge which is actually $15 cheaper! It's a bright blue-based red that's really creamy and lasts forever. Probably my favorite lipstick ever!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Lusti Weather said:
I have one of the Rouge Gs (aka the $45 lipstick with the crazy case) and I like it, but to be honest I prefer my Guerlain KissKiss lipstick in Excés de Rouge which is actually $15 cheaper! It's a bright blue-based red that's really creamy and lasts forever. Probably my favorite lipstick ever!

Yup Lusti,

It's the one with the crazy case. Call me crazy, but I love the design and can totally see my (wishful) shrivelled up tube on the 2050 version of Etsy! LOL The color I like is "Gretta".

Does the Rouge Gs dry your lips?

I need something moisturizing or else I end up adding a gloss. (or biting my lips if they get dry)

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
I love Maybelline Midnight Red. The perfect red for a pale gal with dark hair lke me. Unfortunately, it is not the most fabulous quality. I would love to find a higher end lipstick in the same color.

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
23SkidooWithYou said:
Yup Lusti,

It's the one with the crazy case. Call me crazy, but I love the design and can totally see my (wishful) shrivelled up tube on the 2050 version of Etsy! LOL The color I like is "Gretta".

Does the Rouge Gs dry your lips?

I need something moisturizing or else I end up adding a gloss. (or biting my lips if they get dry)

I feel the same way about the case! It just looks so cool, and really does come in handy when I have to touch up. I don't find the lipstick drying, but I always use a balm underneath lipsticks anyway. I do find the Guerlain KissKiss lipstick more moisturizing though.

Emer

One of the Regulars
Totally random

Would any FL-er in the LA area be willing to do me a tiny favor?

Supposedly Nigel's Beauty Emporium carries this to die for cranberry lipbalm. I guess they used it the Twilight movies ([huh]) and it gives your lips a nice matte finish while still making them a good cranberry color (going off what one of my vintage friends told me). She's since moved from the area, otherwise I wouldn't be bothering a group of "strangers." ;)

I'd HAPPILY pay someone to pick up a tube/pot for me...plus a little extra for the trouble! PM me if you'd be willing.

1*Cool*Kitten

One of the Regulars
Red lips worth kissing!

I love,love,love the rimmel lipstick called "SCREAM!" (it just so happens that OC Gal Gwen Stephni wears this very one) but <alas,she sighs> they no longer make or at least sell that one at Walgrens!
Now I did find the original 19 40's-50's Revelon Red however sho can pay $12 for a tube of lipcolor!I did have a lip color I wore during the christmas seasons for years it was a cranberry color with a glisten of gold through out it but ask me if I can rember the name of it now!NO!(I'll post the color & maker later!!Sorry CRS!at the moment!Senior moment!)
but the Rimmel,Wet n' Wild,the other inexpensive ones are just as crystal clear red as any!
$45 for a tube of Lipstick...?? no way!that could go in my tank!or my other tank!haha!(either the belly or the vehicle)

Blondie

Practically Family
Emer said:
Would any FL-er in the LA area be willing to do me a tiny favor?

Supposedly Nigel's Beauty Emporium carries this to die for cranberry lipbalm. I guess they used it the Twilight movies ([huh]) and it gives your lips a nice matte finish while still making them a good cranberry color (going off what one of my vintage friends told me). She's since moved from the area, otherwise I wouldn't be bothering a group of "strangers." ;)

I'd HAPPILY pay someone to pick up a tube/pot for me...plus a little extra for the trouble! PM me if you'd be willing.
The brand is Noriko and as far as i know you can do a phone order
ph: 818.760.3902

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I finally broke down and ordered some Julie Hewitt Lipstick.. oh I cant wait till they get here, they should be arriving today!- my addiction to red lipstick is getting worse by the day.. :D

Inky

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
I finally broke down and ordered some Julie Hewitt Lipstick.. oh I cant wait till they get here, they should be arriving today!- my addiction to red lipstick is getting worse by the day.. :D

could swatch it please (maybe next to some known colors like russian red or ruby woo if you have those) i want to try it but would like to see it first ;)

R

ruby-blue

Has anyone here tried DuWop's Private Red?

We don't have it in Australia yet but I'm quite interested in it. It apparently morphs to your own "Private Red" within 5 minutes of application.

cecil

A-List Customer
ruby-blue said:
Has anyone here tried DuWop's Private Red?

We don't have it in Australia yet but I'm quite interested in it. It apparently morphs to your own "Private Red" within 5 minutes of application.

Sounds like codswallop, but apparently it's a great lipstick nevertheless:

http://thenonblonde.blogspot.com/2009/11/duwop-private-red-lipstick.html

I want to try it too now! Found it on Adorebeauty, bloody expensive though.

http://www.adorebeauty.com.au/adorebeauty/product/14366/DuWop+Private+Red

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I bought a new red, True Red from L'oreal, and I'm not sure it suits me. It's brighter than I normally wear (Besame Merlot). What do you ladies think?
4113137848_993915931d_m.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
The orange tones, from what I can see, set your blue eyes off perfectly! It makes you look radiant, and your complexion creamy :)

Great choice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24