Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

tamjwhite

New in Town
Have any of you gals tried any of the longwear type red lipsticks? Like the L'Oreal Infallible and the Revlon Colorstay? I'm interested in these reds. What did you think?

I have a coralish orange of the Infallible and I like it. I haven't tried a red yet. The "Beyonce Red" color looks quite bright.

I tried the lorreal ravishing red, its really nice and is sort of matted, you just have to smack your lips together for a while to get the full effect

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hi ladies,

Has anyone tried one of the Rockalily red lipsticks? I'm curious about them, they look lovely!
X
BD

rockalily%20lipsticks%20and%20descriptions%20.png

jade%20boylan.jpg

the%20vintage%20powder%20box%20rockalily.png

http://www.rockalily.com/

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I know I'm behind pretty much everyone on this forum, but just today I bought Revlon's Cherries in the Snow lipstick and nail polish. I had a $4 off coupon so it ended up being quite a good price.

I'm a freckled redhead and generally the only pink I feel I can wear is dusky rose. I have a cream dress with a black & pink floral print that I'm wearing tomorrow and I wanted a vibrant, dark pink polish to bring out some of the colors. I remembered Cherries being a vintage color and decided to check it out in Walgreens, and it was precisely the color I had in mind. I'm anxious to see how the color looks on me. Cherries in the Snow is one of Molly Ringwald's favorite lipsticks, so I'm hoping I can pull it off successfully!

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
I have the Nars velvet lip pencil. It really stays on forever. Sometimes I wear another color over it, but I always love to have that be my underneath color.
I think the color I use is pop life, but I'm not 100%
Narscosmetics-DragongirlMatte-Lip-Pencil.jpg

Whenever I go out I stick a tube of dior addict in my bag. The case is just so cute and the color is so lovely that I love to have that be what I pull out when I need to reapply my makeup. It makes me feel pampered and glamorous. However, at around $30 a tube I feel like it's too expensive to use everyday.
02896480102.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
H ladies,

Like most of the ladies here I have red lipsticks by MAC, Nars, Make Up Forever, Besame, etc. etc. However, my new favourite is from the drugstore: Covergirls Hot Passion. It goes on easily and is really rich and highly pigmented. I love it!
X
BD

covergirl-hot-passion-lipstick.jpg

model_covergirl_20101217_B0043U1ZHK.jpg

K.McG

New in Town
I use Red Revival as well! I really love it! Is it odd that I like how it smells? I also use NYC Retro Red, but my newest tube must have melted some how and is now a mess, need to figure out a way to fix that.

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Rimmel used to make a GORGEOUS red called Seduction, but they must have discontinued it because I'll be darned if I can find it anywhere. I LOVED that color.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Well sadly I'm not thrilled with Cherries in the Snow. On me, it is hot flaming pink. As a stain it is do-able, but full strength, no way I can wear it. It reminds me a great deal of NARS Sakura. The interesting thing is that the Cherries in the Snow polish is a pretty bluish red (great for pedicure) and totally doesn't match the pink lipstick. So bizarre.

Have any of you gals who are copper-y redheads tried the Julie Hewett lipsticks? Colour thoughts?

I'm auburn with freckles & brown eyes. I think there are so many lipsticks in the Noir line, there's something for every coloring. I own Film Noir - my favorite, a gorgeous sheer blackberry red; Oona Noir - a sheer light red; Coco Noir - brownish brick red, totally matte; Rouge Noir - true 1940s matte vivid red. The sheers are very buildable and the mattes are vivid and extremely pigmented. There are also a couple of more nude shades. I really think everyone can wear something out of the Noir line. I can't picture any of the colors looking bad on a coppery redhead, there's nothing too pink or blue-toned in any of the colors.

A boutique near me carries the Julie Hewett and has them half price if anyone is interested, she's willing to ship. Also the lady who runs the cosmetic portion of the shop is a makeup artist with her own line, but she's also a natural light coppery redhead. I'm sure she'd be happy to answer questions over the phone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran