Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite Scotch Whisky?

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Mrs Bentley said:
My favourites so far are the Edradour 10 year old and the Highland Park 25 year old (although we bought a bottle of the Highland Park 16 year old a couple of months ago that I feel inspired to try again soon!).

As Mrs. B says the 25yr old Highland Park is one of the best of their collection. We did a blind taste test with the 18yr, 25yr and the 30yr. 30yr came out bottom but was still pretty good.

MK Palmer

New in Town
Such a pleasure to see a discussion about a great pleasure of mine. As far as my favourite whisky goes, it has to be a Gordon and MacPhail bottling of the 1990 single cask Old Pultney, which has a deep brown colour and flavours of toffee and kelp, with a thouch of sherry sweetness. For the guests it tends to be a Black bottle, a vatted malt consisting of varying quantities of all the Islay whiskies.

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
MacAllan

So many different single malts mentioned, yet no one mentioned MacAllan. The 18 year old bottlings I have have been consistently good. I can't say the same thing about Laguvulin 16 or Laphroaig 10. Both have lost their "Islayness" in the past years, or maybe it's just me. The cask strength Laphroaig is great. Heck, I like all cask strengths neat.

Lots of guys Dalwhinnie 15. One of few single malts I don't like. Different stroke for different folks I guess. [huh]

H.

Lancealot

Practically Family
Goodtimes said:
I like The Dalmore's Cigar Malt, though I'm not a smoker. I hear that it is in limited supply as it has been discontinued. I'm also a fan of Highland Park, Bowmore, and Talisker.

This has been replaced with Dalmore Gran Reserva. I haven't tracked a bottle down yet but it's on the list.

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
I am a relative newbie when it comes to Scotch

I started drinking Scotch only a couple of years ago. I started with Johnnie Walker Blue to commemorate the passing of an older friend by whom it was favored. I won't drink it on any occasion other than the passing of friends and family now.

Recently I started drinking the single malts, and I favor the Highland Malts thus far- my favorite is Glenkinchie Distillers Edition, neat.

Cheers!!!

RC

grundie

One of the Regulars
Lagavulin 16 closely followed by Caol Ila and Laphroaig Triple Wood.

I sued to be a fan of anything by Glenmorangie, but their malts seem to have changed over recent years. But I suspect that's just me.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
filfoster said:
Is Black & White still available? I used to see it in movies. Isn't it what Richard Burton's character Alec Leamas drank in "The Spy Who Came in From The Cold"?

Yes I believe it is still available in the UK.

Panache - I tired Dopublewood on New Year's Eve - it was excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24