Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite Scotch Whisky?

Fly Boy

One of the Regulars
but my personal favorite whisky is the ARDBEG UIGEADAIL! (some say that they put dead animals in the cask for the rough taste :deadhorse) even with this "picture" in my mind, I`m totaly happy with the whole Ardbeg range... looking forward to try the Ardbeg Supernova

Uigeadail is a cracking dram and no mistake. You will certainly enjoy the Supernova, but have you tried Corryvreckan? Very nice.

I do miss the Airigh nam Beist though...

JohnnieT

New in Town
I like the 12 and 15 year old Glenlivet. The 18YO comes off too dry for my taste. Dewars and J. Walker are others I enjoy. I don't get to try many of the less mainstream options.

benjamin.f

New in Town
never tried the Corryvreckan... <-this name looks like you´ve tried to type with broken fingers corrrryvx ck...:p
I read the tasting notes on the net and it sounds like a menu at an indian restaurant...
serious: unfortunately this islay uisge beatha is a "hard to find item" and if there is a bar out there* offering this Ardbeg - I will find it!

And to JohnnieT... : if I visit a bar with new scotch options, I will always order a personal unknown whiskey - I'm not that versatile expert... but man, I drank a lot different... just because I think there is enough time to order a well known favourite afterwards!
...somebody agree with me?:twitch:

*not so far away from my house or near a bus stop with good transport links and cheap and with a good bartender and....

JohnnieT

New in Town
I quite agree.

I agree. If I could get out more, I would do exactly as you suggest. Lately I just haven't been feeling up to the social scene. Unfortunately the choices at the Class 6 here on FT Lewis aren't quite up to snuff.
They do have several varieties of bourbon and sour mash though, as well as several decent Canadian varieties.
Maybe I should get out more. There is a relatively new artisian called "Bird Dog" that I'm interested in.

Whatever you're drink of choice, cheers and salud!

Couldn't agree more. Lagavulin. Had a few last night!

Not bad that is for sure.
I was reading an article in Malt Advocate and it seems that many Islays that have recently experienced a great boom due to the increase in appreciation for peaty and smoky malts but their time may have passed since a good deal of the blended whiskey's that used to add their product to them have cut back immensely. Now they have to stand on their own merits and some like Laphroig are trying to be less of a group of one trick ponies as the market for their heady products has now morphed into a taste for single malts with more complexity than just peaty. They want more character and refinement they say. Diageo might have a few on the auction block if the price is right.

Fly Boy

One of the Regulars
I had the great pleasure of visiting Aberlour Distillery today as I'm currently in the area and walked out with rather a few single cask, cask strength, and distillery exclusive bottles. In fact, I bottled two myself. Time to curtail the spending for a while methinks, but it was worth every penny! :D

I had the great pleasure of visiting Aberlour Distillery today as I'm currently in the area and walked out with rather a few single cask, cask strength, and distillery exclusive bottles. In fact, I bottled two myself. Time to curtail the spending for a while methinks, but it was worth every penny! :D

The two you bottled were choices they allowed you to make---tasting from barrels?
You had a good day there. I would have as well. Any day with Scotch is a good day. :cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk