Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Michael, the jacket is great, whenever it's made! Plus, I like your overall looks. Could I ask what these pants are? I think everything from top to bottom looks great. I also dig the second hat, from the behind shot. It looks kinda special.

Thanks A-1. The pants are a heavy cotton herringbone from the Lands' End Classic Clothes line. The hat is fur, beaver sides to be specific, and also rather in need of some repairs.
If you click through the photos I link from my Flickr page the photo with the day's date as it's title has a description of the clothing labels, materials and country of manufacture in the description field. There are generally several alternative views and closeups of the footwear, hats and fabrics.

Michael

Reactions: A-1

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lost Worlds National Racer

bwA9ecch.jpg
uAD6rfCh.jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Technonut

Practically Family
I recently purchased this Morgan Productions seal brown horsehide A-2 directly from the widow of Col. Robert K. Morgan (Famed pilot of the 'Memphis Belle' during WW2). Col. & Mrs. Morgan traveled to Japan a few times in the mid-late 1990's to have these jackets produced, with not many seen here in the States. The jacket arrived brand-new with tags attached. :)

The horsehide is right at the upper limits of thickness for an A-2, and is already starting to show grain and character.. :) Great, authentic pattern IMO, and the size 44R fits me nicely, except for the sleeves eventually needing around an inch bobbed-off (I'll wait till cuff replacement time to have it done ;) ).

DSCF0039_zpskutucdh5.jpg

DSCF0040_zps39pabm6s.jpg

DSCF0042_zpsu6opxxco.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That is quite an ensemble! Very cool that you seem to have a hat to complement all of your jackets, no matter what the style.

Thanks El Marro. I find it entertaining to play with jacket and hat combos. Others might not Ha ha.

Michael

Hypoxic

One of the Regulars
Lost Worlds National Racer

bwA9ecch.jpg
uAD6rfCh.jpg

Man, seriously, you should think about looking for employment as a catalog model. I'm not being a smart ass or anything, I just think you really have a look that can sell. Every time I see one of your posts I think this and my Frenchie-type GF agrees.

If your wife (?) is your photographer... Kudos!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider