Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
New RMC Cooper '30s Sports Jacket:
qVm0OIC.jpg

raxZbbM.jpg

QxFPHQa.jpg

rk8Qjp7.jpg

gl58fnS.jpg

F1MIqlo.jpg

y7vfyBh.jpg
@dudewuttheheck Congrats! Dude, this one looks super cool (as cool as your San Mateo even if the style is different) and the fit is spot on...RMC sleeves are shorter than Freewheelers which is good for you (also for me as my arms are shorter than average). Isn't this their textured or was it called printed leather? Is this regular Shinki with a printed /textured additional layer on top of it? How does the leather feel compared to Shinki from Freewheelers?
At the first glance it reminded me a bit of the Johnson Bros D-Pocket but at second glance the D-pocked design is different.

vintageleatherjackets000160000.jpg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
@dudewuttheheck Congrats! Dude, this one looks super cool (as cool as your San Mateo even if the style is different) and the fit is spot on...RMC sleeves are shorter than Freewheelers which is good for you (also for me as my arms are shorter than average). Isn't this their textured or was it called printed leather? Is this regular Shinki with a printed /textured additional layer on top of it? How does the leather feel compared to Shinki from Freewheelers?
At the first glance it reminded me a bit of the Johnson Bros D-Pocket but at second glance the D-pocked design is different.

Interesting leather structure but I'm confused as they call it black Shinki....
Cooper30sSportsJacket-Flat-13_2000x.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up

Congrats, really outstanding.

Amazing pic.

Looks like the texture of Utah leather of Edward Green.

Love this jacket.

Thanks guys! @Robbie79 yeah it is printed. I talk about that in the thread I started for the jacket. I am also confused that they call it black because it is clearly dark brown. Even the thread is dark brown so black makes absolutely no sense. It's actually lighter than the dark seal A2 I used to have... so I have no idea why they call it black.

@Berto yeah it does look like some grain shoe leathers. It reminds me of Russian calf a bit.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Yep, they offer long sizes which add an inch. But that's it, no other modifications.

Got it, i really like the Luftwaffe pattern but the size 36 w/ shoulders at 18.5" is much too big for me and 24.25" back length is too long. The Hartmann in size 36 would have been perfect (chest/sleeve/back length) for me but the shoulder is at 16.5" will feel too constricting. If it was only closer to 17.5" that would have been a quick buy for me.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Debating continues....

DSC_0194.JPG
DSC_0195.JPG

Hum, so one thing I have no debates about are the John Lofgren Engineer boots. These have turned out to be glorious! Even wearing them 14 - 16 hours a day is no issue. I don't know if walking in them that much would be great, but for more general use they are breaking in very nicely. :)

Last edited:
Debating continues....

View attachment 285966 View attachment 285967

Hum, so one thing I have no debates about are the John Lofgren Engineer boots. These have turned out to be glorious! Even wearing them 14 - 16 hours a day is no issue. I don't know if walking in them that much would be great, but for more general use they are breaking in very nicely. :)
This jacket fits you so well Randy. An off the peg Eastman won’t even come close. Believe me, I know full well I am not the best source when it comes to talking someone out of a sale but I think this jacket far exceeds what you have in mind as a replacement. No contest

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
These two jackets came on the same day. Both are 1950s Sears. The Wool jacket is very simple, no game pockets, no lining, hand warmer pockets only. Nice fat sleeves you can stuff a lot of sweater in. Great for wearing around the house or out on an errand.

The Childs jacket was a Christmas present in 1959. I bought it on ebay as a Christmas present for my Granddaughter. She will be 5 on New Years Eve. I will have a Hat and other accessories for her birthday.

DSC09756.JPG
DSC09757.JPG

s-l1600 (6).jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Debating continues....

View attachment 285966 View attachment 285967

this jacket looks great on you, that luftwaffe jacket looks better on thin people, you certainly have seen some photos of it here pretty often. probably just a passing lust of thing you don't have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto