What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 Practically Family

It's a few years' old, but I have too many jackets that it doesn't get the wear it deserves! I'll try to get some more fit pics this weekend.

Here's some more pics of the jacket Dave posted on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MONARCH-HE...548671?hash=item5d893ebcbf:g:9RwAAOSwZupcO3ne

Thank you kindly, sir!

Jin431 and powerserge like this.
  2. Monitor

Monitor

I feel like a million bux! XD

Oh, just a little Chrome Hearts something. Nothing from TFL's little league. Y'know, none of that budget stuff like Aero, LW, FCL, etc. Stuff you can get on AliExpress or wherever you guys buy your leather jackets.

You seriously don't want to know. :D

3. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Show us the front you tease...

4. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nice to meet your pal there Terry! Very approprate name, given my experance with cats. :)

tmitchell59 likes this.
  5. AeroFan_07

I'd like to see it too! :)

Monitor likes this.
  6. Monitor

Monitor

Hahaha it looks pretty normal from the front, just a leather vest. But anyway, this is what I had spent most of the day wearing and I gotta say, I absolutely LOVE this jacket!

[​IMG]

RobertK, Shine, King B and 28 others like this.
  7. jeo

jeo Practically Family

Looks killer man!

It's funny...this video just popped up on my youtube last night. The guy is wearing a customized PER70 so you can see it "in action", they also talk about it a little.

King B, Jin431, Zoo and 3 others like this.
  8. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

This ones grown on me and now off the market. I just need to wear tucked in shirts more often.

side note- ruined the beard shape with a funky trim so what does the lounge say. Grow back or just try the stache / soul patch combo and ditch the rest?

9413023C-E29C-4750-9A55-F3FA6989773B.jpeg

King B, Turnip, JoeNiblick and 9 others like this.
  9. JCSD

JCSD A-List Customer

I’ll sink with California

807A58EF-7FBA-4DC3-813E-A00A95DC6467.jpeg

10. dwilson

dwilson Familiar Face

Not really much of a picture taker but wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Won't do a wardrobe break down every time I promise since I wear pretty much the same thing everyday.

Jacket: Self Edge x Iron Heart. Fits ok but is slightly big almost everywhere and sleeves are way too long.
    Shirt: TFH western flannel
    T-shirt: TSG
    Belt: Orion
    Jeans: IH 777 14oz
    Boots: Shell Cordovan Wolverine 1k (x Allen Edmonds who made them)
    Wallet: TSG (+ KMW lanyard) [don't really use this wallet much anymore]
    Specs: Randolph

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

11. ton312

ton312

Grow it back out! Don't do the stache...I had one, I called it the "pandemic stache". Nearly cost me my marriage. Now I've turned my sights to growing a full blown power beard, somewhere between @MrProper and @Carlos840. I've also decided to grow out what little hair I have left and tripling up my efforts in the weight room so that I might look just like a white Kimbo Slice just in time for speedo season at the beach.
    Edit: If I am successful I will bump the trucker shorts thread;)

12. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

Wore the heavy Bravestar while on campfire duty w the kids. Don’t tell anyone but I threw it in the washer to remove the smoke, dried it for 30 minutes on low, then let it hang dry overnight.

It shrunk a bit and is now eminently more wearable. Super pleased!

Everything’s great except the button holes are too small again. Win some, lose some (feeling in your thumbs)

E00FAA2E-D4AC-432B-AB7E-4FC213153E58.jpeg 066B8275-F702-47E9-A463-52432AB9E1B6.jpeg

13. Mrfrown

Its a good look! Other than being overall too large, what do you think about the IH jacket?

The pics I’ve seen often make the forearms look quite slim.

@Bfd70 and @El Marro posted their IH jackets pretty recently, and I believe @Powerband has one.

El Marro and AeroFan_07 like this.
  14. ton312

ton312

I've only worn mine once! Was thinking of selling it now that I have the IH OD but seeing as how it looks like it'll fade I think I'll keep it!

Alexlutov, AeroFan_07 and Mrfrown like this.
  15. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

grow back ;)

ton312 likes this.
  16. dwilson

dwilson Familiar Face

I really like the jacket. The "too large" was a bit on intention so I could layer it. It can comfortably house my thick strike gold hoodies. I believe the sleeve length is probably by design since if I lean forward (such as like riding a bike) the sleeve length is perfect for still covering my arms. The leather itself is quite nice. Its soft and extremely vibrant black (as you'd expect with a chrome tanned hide.). I can't say I'm the stitch guru like some people on this forum but overall the construction seems immaculant to me.

I would say the arms have quite the taper but I have relatively large foearms for my frame and the jacket is comfotable. I have to fully zip down the sides even to make sure the sleeves stay in place and there is no problem with it choking my arms out. Though with most things Iron Heart I own everything about it is nice but it does feel a touch soul-less. I can't describe it but every piece of Iron Heart I own I never seem to really fall in love with. I just like it. And at this point I have quite a bit of Iron Heart...

17. Mrfrown

Yeah even with just a little fading added a lot of character versus how it was before. Keep it! Maybe let the washing machine do some of the work?

18. AeroFan_07

Welcome to FL sir! Nice look there and I like that Flat Head jacket a lot. As far as "soul-less" just keep wearing and loving it, you'll help to give it soul. :)

19. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

“white kimbo slice” made me chuckle. Go for it! Kimbo, what a legend! I’ll always remember those old backyard street fights.

Imuricecreamman and ton312 like this.
  20. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

Haha. Well dating during the pandemic is pretty much uneventful so I might just give the soul patch / stache a go. Stay tuned for more bathroom jacket selfie’s !

Mrfrown and ton312 like this.