Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Pants too rad for the poor cam to focus on. 25+yo mall bought mid 90 non stretch baggy jeans from highschool era, modded with slimmer leg and ankle zip few yrs back when i wore skinny jeans all the time, then I busted the knee from sudden squat to catch the cat from running out, recently i repaired the rip by hand stitching leftover material from my jacket liner. And my most worn type 3 from kendogi sashiko fabric.
20210220_081422.jpg

Attachments

• 20210220_081422.jpg
    20210220_081422.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 254

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Not really much of a picture taker but wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Won't do a wardrobe break down every time I promise since I wear pretty much the same thing everyday.

Jacket: Self Edge x Iron Heart. Fits ok but is slightly big almost everywhere and sleeves are way too long.
Shirt: TFH western flannel
T-shirt: TSG
Belt: Orion
Jeans: IH 777 14oz
Boots: Shell Cordovan Wolverine 1k (x Allen Edmonds who made them)
Wallet: TSG (+ KMW lanyard) [don't really use this wallet much anymore]
Specs: Randolph

View attachment 311387

View attachment 311388

Welcome! Great outfit, and nothing wrong at all with the fit of the jacket. Super first post and nice background too! (Obligatory pun: now get out while you still can...)

Think I did good on this one. Low bid on Buyee.jp. Didn't get much action because I guess no belt and someone had cut off the epaulettes, but wasn't a big deal to me. All in came out to $275.

No serial numbers so it has to be mid/early 80s but not that old because it doesn't have the older white label. Leather is unbelievable, like lamb skin soft but Vanson thick. The graining, wow. Especially on the upper out sleeve, under lower sleeve, lapels, gusset grooves, back side panels. Wow.

Quilting on this thing is beast too. Not sure if Vanson usually does this or maybe was repaired or relined, but it's sort of doubled up in the mid back with a pleat which Vs out to most of the body. All talon zips and the main is a monster sized one. Little bit of fraying I need to keep an eye on. I think it will be fine but I'm getting a pull at the bottom because the jacket is on the snug side.

XLSNTzE.jpg
pu8KbqG.jpg
GaDFfr6.jpg
aNLl8l7.jpg
Ybwe4pl.jpg
IU8PZRE.jpg

Consider yourself lucky to have found a Vanson in a leather like this! Congrats. :) And yeah, their quilted lining is always heavyweight. Built to tackle some serious cold.

I usually just scroll past these regular jackets nowadays to be honest but this one always makes me stop and admire, and I don't even realize right away it's FL. Material & craftsmanship aside, it just simply looks good.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I usually just scroll past these regular jackets nowadays to be honest but this one always makes me stop and admire said:
Thanks @Monitor ! That's very kind of you to mention, I do appreciate it a lot. I'll make sure to update photos every now and then for updates on how the jacket is evolving.

Spring is in the air. Wearing my favourite jacket for the moment. FL Route66.

View attachment 311644 View attachment 311645

I neither have Field Leathers nor do I plan on getting one at the moment but I swear, I saw the pics before reading the text and as I'm not good at remembering who has what, my first thought was "Man, what is that, Himel? Why do people say they don't make brilliant jackets 'cause this is absolutely brilliant!" and then I read it's FL.
To someone who's probably spent a better part of their life during the past 10 years, staring at photos of leather jackets (sad, I know), Greg's work stands out. I don't know how or why but it does. Fantastic in every way. Something special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk