Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Came home after visiting my newly born niece.
Screenshot_20210605-165822_Gallery.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thank you all for the kind words on the Mulholland. A special piece for me!

As for the zipper: It's actually not that bad if you stay focussed handling it. That said, it's been a Hookless that deserted me twice despite all the care in the world. I am not going to ramble on about that any longer; it's just that a repro of a functional jacket (ANY functional jacket) should simply - function.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Yeah I agree I tend to prefer making some slight modern improvements on reproduction style but I also understand the argument of where exactly does the line get drawn on what is considered a minor modern improvement versus what violates being repro. I just want a well constructed garment made out of quality material I'm not cosplaying a railroad worker.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Cooler and cloudy today. RMC A-2 "Canyon red".

My Eastman A-2 has become too small for some time now. So very sorry, because their HH is really so nice. Initially wanted to swap for one size up, but Eastman didn't want to exchange the jackets (understandably enough). I saw this one locally and went for it.

My first RMC. It's a very blousy cut and certainly not my best fitting jacket, but after owning it for two weeks I am madly in love. The execution is flawless, and the Shinki is among the nicest I have seen. Very stiff out of the box but already loosening up nicely. Leather is very similar to Himel´s "oil tan" (and shows resemblance to the leather Greg Field uses, only heavier) and very dissimilar to my FW "Mulholland".

RMC2.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That jacket is so cool every time I see it, really perfect for Southern California. Is that a new pair of boots I see?
Thanks! I'm still ao thrilled that I was able to grab this jacket. It is indeed perfect for socal as is the other new jacket I just got thst I will post later today or tomorrow.

They are fairly new boots. They're a Christmas present from my fiance. They're Red Wing pecos boots in gold russet sequoia that I had resoled on a proper sole rather than the horrific wedge sold they were on originally. I love how they turned out.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Not quite ready to wear today…

I was inspired by @ton312 to dabble in vintage Cowichan sweaters. This one came from eBay, so I decided to give it a little bath before wearing.

From the listing:
2C90C2FA-FF18-4648-9585-D4E7B22E17D3.jpeg

This was the first rinse:
15D8341E-CC23-4329-8567-6254FDE54900.jpeg

And then after about a dozen:
BED6FA1E-C8ED-42E9-AAEE-D9F50542E96A.jpeg

I’m currently taking a break and letting it soak.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! I'm still ao thrilled that I was able to grab this jacket. It is indeed perfect for socal as is the other new jacket I just got thst I will post later today or tomorrow.

They are fairly new boots. They're a Christmas present from my fiance. They're Red Wing pecos boots in gold russet sequoia that I had resoled on a proper sole rather than the horrific wedge sold they were on originally. I love how they turned out.

I saw that black one and kinda felt you would eventually own one considering your style and how much you like the cossack from ooe yofukuten

Got it, those look great. I always felt the lack of a leather midsole and a nice outsole (on some boots as I like the vibram 430) of the standard RW is a little lacking. Great project!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I saw that black one and kinda felt you would eventually own one considering your style and how much you like the cossack from ooe yofukuten

Got it, those look great. I always felt the lack of a leather midsole and a nice outsole (on some boots as I like the vibram 430) of the standard RW is a little lacking. Great project!
Well you were right! I did end up with one and I love it! Yeah I think it's a huge improvement on the boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto