Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Finally, the weather is cooperating!!!

96ab95502d8dcc7941916031ef709a43.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I'm originally from Minnesota, so when I see something with a Minnesota connection I tend to get it. Yesterday I ran across this Minnesota Woolen jacket.
9-2-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I don't remember ever hearing of the company, but I looked it up and it was a manufacturer in Duluth that started in 1916 and went out of business in 1977. I suspect this dates to the late 60s at the earliest.
DSCN4315 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
They sold there clothes through door to door salesman all across the country. At one point in time they accounted for over 10% of the business at the Duluth Post Office.
DSCN4316 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Two way brass Talon zipper might make this a good bicycling companion for the next couple of months.
DSCN4322 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

The heat returns here tomorrow. Oh well.
Michael

Finally, the weather is cooperating!!!

Hey Speed - for fear of falling into that trap most of us men do on a regular basis, I'm going to chance it and say...hey, you're looking great! It appears to me that you have trimmed down and that jacket looks fantastic. (this is the "trap" part because we think we're being nice and attentive, etc. and often get smacked). :)

When I do, I always hope someone notices because at this stage of my life, dropping those extra is like getting a Master's degree. Used to be able to get rid of the holiday pounds just by altering my diet and running more, now it's a major event if I can get my **** together!

Anyways, well done. Lookin' good and the jacket is top-notch!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Same here, but we're all watching that monster called "Irma" that looks to be barreling right down at us. Trouble never ends.
Here's hoping you stave off disaster in S Florida better than S Texas. I don't think I have seen so much misery in my lifetime as most of the Texas gulf coast has experienced over the past week and continues to do so. Simply heartbreaking.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's hoping you stave off disaster in S Florida better than S Texas. I don't think I have seen so much misery in my lifetime as most of the Texas gulf coast has experienced over the past week and continues to do so. Simply heartbreaking.
Sorry, but I meant to ask you how you weathered the storm. Most people have no idea how horrible these things can be. I hope you and yours came out okay.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Hey Speed - for fear of falling into that trap most of us men do on a regular basis, I'm going to chance it and say...hey, you're looking great! It appears to me that you have trimmed down and that jacket looks fantastic. (this is the "trap" part because we think we're being nice and attentive, etc. and often get smacked). :)

When I do, I always hope someone notices because at this stage of my life, dropping those extra is like getting a Master's degree. Used to be able to get rid of the holiday pounds just by altering my diet and running more, now it's a major event if I can get my **** together!

Anyways, well done. Lookin' good and the jacket is top-notch!

Yes, you are right. It's been a year and a half since I'm on a diet. I'm followed by a nutritionist so I don't do anything stupid and it works, I nearly lost 15kg. My health is better than ever!

Also the jacket pattern highlight the weight lost, too.

Of course, I greatly appreciate when someone notice because it is hard work, so thank you Butte!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Sorry, but I meant to ask you how you weathered the storm. Most people have no idea how horrible these things can be. I hope you and yours came out okay.
I'm in the DFW area and was not affected, although my family has Houston connections and friends who live there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR