Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Is that the Lesco I bought NOS? Size 42 (although it fit smaller) and I had the windflap removed by a local tailor. I hope it is and that you enjoy it. It fits you well. Had it fit me, I would've never sold it off as I liked it quite a bit.

I think it was.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
No mysterious biker of the bygone era look for you? Shameful you're thinking primarily about safety. I bet you didn't even tape your bike's headlight!

Moderately related, I just got out of my Alpinestars.
On my Hayabusa or Triumph Triple I'n not really into that so called vintage look.
The Power Ranger thing is about bike fashion as well as practicality, you can also get armoured up Perfecto style jackets if you wish.
As to fashion, it runs through the ages as you won't see many 1960s badged up Rockers on the Pioneers or Banbury runs riding 1904 bikes, as you won't see that many Power Rangers riding old Cafe Racers(pronounce it Kaff) to the Ace nor usually old Knuckleheads :)

Technonut

Practically Family
In the 40's today.. Perfect for my Todd's custom Indy jacket. This jacket was made / sized for me in 2007. This was Todd's Costumes first run of custom jackets, made in-house from calfskin. It's VERY well made, and not babied one bit for around 9 years now (Damn, has it really been that long? :eek: )

IMG_2916.JPG

Aero A-2 with WWII Army greens and cuffs added.

DPYqdYH.jpg

Fantastic! Must've taken some serious research and effort to get there, rabbit. I know you don't just buy an old shirt and a pair of pants at a trift store and call it a vintage style. I'm really impressed.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you. Actually, the pants aren't too difficult to get right. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to try that route. It's no bother at all, I'm happy to figure out size questions etc.

The WWII and early post-WWII U.S. Army greens were made of a very typical wartime trouser pattern, except that they are plain front (no pleats) and with angled side pockets (not on-seam pockets). Aside from that, they look very much like any off-the-rack early to mid 40s American trousers. They cost very little, about $15-35 plus shipping would be a normal price online. They're my answer to jeans; I happen to dislike denim because it bleeds on everything and doesn't hold a crease (no, wait, it doesn't have a crease, either). The wool serge that these are made of is very sturdy, they can go for a few months without a cleaning, if you actually live in them.

This pair has about 2 months worth of wear in them, the whole day, respectively. I treat them like shyt and they still hold their shape. This property of vintage fabrics to hold a crease like a razorblade is really something. They crumple at the crease at the height of the crotch, but it takes a lot of wearing time to really get them crumpled.

The early 50s USAF blue trousers are made from the same pattern, only with on-seam side pockets. Later versions of the 60s are still 100% wool serge, but I haven't handled them and I'm not sure if it's the same pattern. I suspect they're a little lower in the waist, although some military patterns were quite conservative into the 60s.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Very nice. I really like your presentations along with the jackets. How are you capturing this photos? Who is the photographer? thanks, Terry

Terry, I take these fit pics with a 10 sec self-timer. The camera is resting on a park bench, pointing towards the walls of a 14th century church which is located just around the corner of where I live. The multi-colored background of that aged wall is perfect to get the colors of the outfits more or less right when you have to rely on a cheapo compact camera such as mine. I just crop the images as the frame is obviously a little off each time. One pic per position, that's all.

Nice variation on the cossack jacket theme that you're wearing there, Terry!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran