Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Still trying to convince myself to keep this aged tan steer CR. The chances of finding another in this hide are next to zero. Can I live with the length? I don't know. It's so on the edge for me it's annoying. Interestingly enough and unlike any other Aero CR I've owned this one has a slight dip in back so th back length is identical to my black heavy steer version, it's clearly shorter in front. Ah, the joys of obsessive compulsive fixations...
View attachment 125779
View attachment 125778
View attachment 125775
View attachment 125777

It covers your belt and when worn open, it looks a bit longer on top of that.. I think it looks phenomenal and you should keep it. This may be because the black one isn't broken in but I'm inclined to agree with @Michael A that I like the tan one better in these shots. The leather is incredible, the jacket's back looks incredibly cool and in no way is this too short. I think this isn't even borderland of too short. You can start discussing too short when a jacket doesn't reach belt but this one reaches and even completely covers it. The shorter front also accentuates your v-shape even better than the black one.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
It fits fine to me, it fits the way my Vanson Model B fits, I thought it was too short for a long time but now I've reconciled myself to it being the style of the jacket. You'll be sorry if you let this one go.

I think the tan one fits better than the black one.

Michael

Seconded.

I can only repeat what I said before - In all honesty, I don't see any difference in the dimensions of either jacket, other than that, the tan CR, somehow, fits better. The silhouette is actually cooler. Neater. Hell, it looks like how you'd draw a perfect CR. Fits better around the waist. I don't know, not taking the jeans and the beltline into account, I'd say they look identical in length. Even though the black jacket is longer, it certainly doesn't show for it. Or at least I can't tell the difference...

In any case, I don't think you'll end up with a better jacket if you sell either one. I mean it. Keep this jacket. Even putting aside the fact that this hide is all gone, if you sell it and end up wanting another non-black CR some day, best case scenario, they'll make you the jacket that'll look exactly the same.

Plus when combined, they make a whole! All the major details are different between the two - top sleeve zippers vs. regular ones, gussets vs. full action back, clean back vs. yoke, different color of course - so now you got it all covered.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seconded.

I can only repeat what I said before - In all honesty, I don't see any difference in the dimensions of either jacket, other than that, the tan CR, somehow, fits better. The silhouette is actually cooler. Neater. Hell, it looks like how you'd draw a perfect CR. Fits better around the waist. I don't know, not taking the jeans and the beltline into account, I'd say they look identical in length. Even though the black jacket is longer, it certainly doesn't show for it. Or at least I can't tell the difference...

In any case, I don't think you'll end up with a better jacket if you sell either one. I mean it. Keep this jacket. Even putting aside the fact that this hide is all gone, if you sell it and end up wanting another non-black CR some day, best case scenario, they'll make you the jacket that'll look exactly the same.

Plus when combined, they make a whole! All the major details are different between the two - top sleeve zippers vs. regular ones, gussets vs. full action back, clean back vs. yoke, different color of course - so now you got it all covered.[/Q

I agree with Monitor.
Looks like a perfect fit.
Keep it. you can always change your mind much later.

Fonzie

One Too Many
If you really look for it, you can see the tan is a tiny bit shorter than the black

You reeeally have to look for it though. Let’s not feed the OCD monster we all carry around here.
The jacket looks awesome and fits really well.
Perfect is the enemy of good.

Thuggee

Practically Family
ELMC American Walnut Windward on this fine cold Brisbane morning cheers
b0ff5adb83cf9fff4351462c4d6712de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahunter

Familiar Face
Still trying to convince myself to keep this aged tan steer CR. The chances of finding another in this hide are next to zero. Can I live with the length? I don't know. It's so on the edge for me it's annoying. Interestingly enough and unlike any other Aero CR I've owned this one has a slight dip in back so th back length is identical to my black heavy steer version, it's clearly shorter in front. Ah, the joys of obsessive compulsive fixations...
View attachment 125779
View attachment 125778
View attachment 125775
View attachment 125777
It looks like it fits as good as the black one. Keep it. It’s a wicked jacket. If it was a 48 I’d tell you to sell it to me. ;)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
@ton312 This will come as no surprise but, IMHO, the tan jacket is too short in front. The front length of the black jacket is infinitely better. Just my subjective 2 cents.

I agree. But you see there are two schools of thought in Outerwear. 1) a jacket needs to end at the belt and neatly bifurcate the wearer at the torso. 2) a jacket should sit over the belt by an inch or two. I think the latter looks far better but it is only an opinion. I can see from ton's general preferences, and his usual 27 inch back length, that the tan jacket may sit uneasily with him. I think because he is in such good shape it looks ok, if that's the look you are after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats