Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
here a typical day would start at 20C and would peak at 32C before cooling down to 20C in the evening. but the wind is cool and dry thankfully unlike seaside places.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vanson T3
bQZEA2dh.jpg
qQVCPgqh.jpg

BobJ

Practically Family
Hey casechopper - Just curious, what are your favorite two or three jackets... like if you had to choose. Thanks, Bob

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
None for now - 94F today, however loads of thunderstorms tonight, making sleep difficult, which is why I'm on here at 3am Iowa time....

Stand By

One Too Many
I recently came back from a week in Ft. Worth, Texas for a conference held at the Hilton. I took my Buzz L2-A with me as I knew it'd be warm down there and just packed polo shirts to wear beneath it.
And it was warm - it was a delightful 30C outside - but it rained like it was The Flood! The torrential rain water was warm and I've never before seen a white-out of rain water before - rain spraying in all directions in gale force winds and where you couldn't see 15 yards in front of you! Every day we saw rain (it stopped the day I left) so I was more hotel-bound over the week than I'd have expected - and the A/C in the hotel was set to "Chill"(to keep the humidity down I expect). It was so cold you could almost hang meat in the place! I sat in all the workshops and lectures for days wishing I'd brought my Aero ANJ-3 instead!!!

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I recently came back from a week in Ft. Worth, Texas for a conference held at the Hilton. I took my Buzz L2-A with me as I knew it'd be warm down there and just packed polo shirts to wear beneath it.
And it was warm - it was a delightful 30C outside - but it rained like it was The Flood! The torrential rain water was warm and I've never before seen a white-out of rain water before - rain spraying in all directions in gale force winds and where you couldn't see 15 yards in front of you! Every day we saw rain (it stopped the day I left) so I was more hotel-bound over the week than I'd have expected - and the A/C in the hotel was set to "Chill"(to keep the humidity down I expect). It was so cold you could almost hang meat in the place! I sat in all the workshops and lectures for days wishing I'd brought my Aero ANJ-3 instead!!!
If you dislike Texas weather, just wait and it will change. El Niño has given us a couple of years of the wettest spring seasons on record. This March baseball size hail ruined my roof that has to be replaced. Most of the rain appears to be over, with a long, hot, dry summer ahead and temp of 100F by next week. No jacket weather here for awhile. :(

BobJ

Practically Family
If I had to pick 3 I'd probably choose the Lost Worlds National Racer, Vanson T3 and the Cherry Aero Hercules.

Three great choices, casechopper! I google-imaged al three jackets you mentioned... and surprise, surprise - there were pictures of your everywhere! :D

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
...and the A/C in the hotel was set to "Chill"(to keep the humidity down I expect). It was so cold you could almost hang meat in the place! I sat in all the workshops and lectures for days wishing I'd brought my Aero ANJ-3 instead!!!
I too, have experienced that south of the border... Americans love having their air conditioning set on ARCTIC.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I'm wearing my latest addition today, an Aero On The Waterfront Leather-Wool-Reverse jacket. It was on the Aero Sales Page ages ago and I eye'd it a lot, but I thought it wouldn't fit because it was labeled a 44. So I didn't buy it and then it was sold and gone and I regretted not buying it. I messaged Aero about making me one, wouldn't even have to be reverseable, never got a reply, thought screw this and bought another jacket from a different maker instead. Then... months later.. like two weeks ago, it was back on their Sale Page, the former buyer must have returned it or traded it in for another jacket yet again... and this time I didn't hesiate and bought it the moment I saw it. Labeled 44 but only 24" pit to pit, which is the same as my Vanson and Johnson Leather Size 40 bomber jackets and it fits just perfect. Only minor issue I can find right now is that the knits have very little elasticity and feel thin and cheap compared to the ones on my Vanson. Anyway, I hope to get pictures up by the weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters