Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Stand By

One Too Many
I'm wearing my latest addition today, an Aero On The Waterfront Leather-Wool-Reverse jacket. It was on the Aero Sales Page ages ago and I eye'd it a lot, but I thought it wouldn't fit because it was labeled a 44. So I didn't buy it and then it was sold and gone and I regretted not buying it. I messaged Aero about making me one, wouldn't even have to be reverseable, never got a reply, thought screw this and bought another jacket from a different maker instead. Then... months later.. like two weeks ago, it was back on their Sale Page, the former buyer must have returned it or traded it in for another jacket yet again... and this time I didn't hesiate and bought it the moment I saw it. Labeled 44 but only 24" pit to pit, which is the same as my Vanson and Johnson Leather Size 40 bomber jackets and it fits just perfect. Only minor issue I can find right now is that the knits have very little elasticity and feel thin and cheap compared to the ones on my Vanson. Anyway, I hope to get pictures up by the weekend.

Ah, so a dose of Buyer's Remorse really worked out for you in the end, then. That's so great and good for you! :)

Stand By

One Too Many
If you dislike Texas weather, just wait and it will change. El Niño has given us a couple of years of the wettest spring seasons on record. This March baseball size hail ruined my roof that has to be replaced. Most of the rain appears to be over, with a long, hot, dry summer ahead and temp of 100F by next week. No jacket weather here for awhile. :(

It's funny you mentioned your roof, Fanch. I stood on a front deck and the rain and wind created a complete white-out of water in front of me! The winds tossed the Adirondack chairs like they were cheap plywood and it was as close to experiencing a hurricane as I wish to be! The thunder was like someone letting off a 12 Ga. down the side of the house and making me jump with every boom - and it was just crazy! And suddenly it abated somewhat - and the road had been turned into a river and the cars were making waves in it and there, on the other side of the street, the house opposite slowly revealed itself and its shingles had been ripped upwards! And it was still raining and the water would be going in. Good luck getting a roofer to fix that in a hurry, I thought - I expect the roofers would have been a tad busy for a good while. It was the same day those poor trainee-soldiers (9 of them) were tragically drowned in their armoured vehicle when it was washed away. Unreal.
Long may you have relative calm down there.

Last edited:

Jaime

One of the Regulars
Y4Vamy9.jpg

Gonna be hard to break the leather with this heat... I hate summer.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Can't ever say "I Hate summer" however I have to find other ways to wear the jackets in this season. We get a lot of cold days in Iowa! Seems that taking along a leather jacket to the Library, where I spend time reading after a workout, seems to work pretty well. It'll get broken in soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters