Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

This is my before mentioned daily wearer in "too cold for leather jackets" climate, have worn it all last winter, for the biggest part of the past two months, it has seen the washer three times already and it's still holding up. Levis Golden Corduroy sherpa lined trucker jacket. Way too comfortable and surprisingly cozy. Everytime I wear it, I'm thinking "oh sell all those leather jackets, just get something like this in unlined for the summer and be done. :D

kXkGbSz.jpg
I completely understand and and agree. I love my Sherpa trucker. At times, I'm forcing myself into leather.

I would usually find myself reaching for the fur lined jean jacket much, much more often than for anything leather once it gets really cold but the warmest jacket I've had so far is that Hein Gericke. I don't know if it's the removable liner it's got or what but I seriously can't get cold in it. Warmer than the B3 and that says a lot. I'd still like to get one of these in my size. One I got is too large. The Levi's got some nice ones at the store right now but they're pricey af where I am...
Man they are practically giving them away here. I should pick one up for you. The one I bought was $50 at an outlet and it's a Levi's just like JJ's except it's 70's carpet green. I wear it everyday. Those corduroy Sherpa truckers are a rabbit hole all their own.

A-1

One Too Many
Man they are practically giving them away here. I should pick one up for you. The one I bought was $50 at an outlet and it's a Levi's just like JJ's except it's 70's carpet green. I wear it everyday. Those corduroy Sherpa truckers are a rabbit hole all their own.

What is the lining? Is it polyester or something natural? I don’t like to wear this artificial stuff. Just can’t stand it on my skin.

I had some of them years ago. I bought them used from the bay for 1€ a piece. I think they’re more expensive now. But the poly stuff made me sell them. I only wear wool,cotton, linen and leather nowadays. Still have this old, incredibly warm Fjäll Räven jacket that I wear in a snow storm. Have been wearing it thrice in three years. That’s the only time I actually wear plastic stuff anymore. My skin reacts to it. Hair is falling out in the places where it touches my skin and it’s itchy. Not like lambs wool cool itchy, but really bad.

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I completely understand and and agree. I love my Sherpa trucker. At times, I'm forcing myself into leather.

Yeah, you look great. How long are the sleeves on all your very un-hip out of fashion leather jackets. You should get rid of them if they are 27”. I hear short sleeves are all the rage. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the lining? Is it polyester or something natural? I don’t like to wear this artificial stuff. Just can’t stand it on my skin.

I had some of them years ago. I bought them used from the bay for 1€ a piece. I think they’re more expensive now. But the poly stuff made me sell them. I only wear wool,cotton, linen and leather nowadays. Still have this old, incredibly warm Fjäll Räven jacket that I wear in a snow storm. Have been wearing it thrice in three years. That’s the only time I actually wear plastic stuff anymore. My skin reacts to it. Hair is falling out in the places where it touches my skin and it’s itchy. Not like lambs wool cool itchy, but really bad.
Mine isn't real sheepskin but it's very soft and comfortable. I'll have to look at the label.

Reactions: A-1

Haha thanks man! They're a lot pricier here in Europe. So much it's a serious investment. For me, I mean. Then again, there are times when a carton of milk is a serious investment for me so that don't really mean much when I say it. . . They're great things! Cozy, warm, look good and enough pockets to store everything! Except for the inside pockets, they always lack those. Do they have dark blue denim ones there that are cheap??

Proven in Thuringia, on -6°Celsius. Man, -16°Celsius wouldn't be a problem for this polyester-fleece!

But remember, on bicycle, it's not more windproof enough. :D

Nope, cold wind goes right thru. I've tried. That's why I stick to leather. Or nylon MC jackets. I know there's gear made specifically for bicycles but that stuff's all so ugly it's virtually unwearable. For me, what works on a bike, works on a bicycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider