Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

BootLegger top pic
Highwayman bottom pic

20180429_182941.jpg
20180429_183109.jpg

Technonut

Practically Family
Counting down the cooler days... Trying to get a day's wear each out of my favorites before it turns to summer temps in a blink of an eye. :(

Wearing my Cossack in very nice cow today. :) I almost sold this one awhile back, due to the shoulders being just a bit snug for an extremely good price. Gathering my senses since the hides used on this are so nice, not to mention the color, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a good cool water soak. ;)

The jacket withstood me wearing a thick sweatshirt underneath while wet, and then stretching with force in every possible position standing and sitting for hours until dry.. :eek: The results as one can now see were VERY good! The jacket fits pretty damn well, and most importantly, is comfortable.. :D REALLY supple now after a good application of Pecard's to boot. Here's the pics:

DSCF0463.JPG

DSCF0462.JPG

DSCF0460.JPG

DSCF0459.JPG

EDIT: Messing around again, going for a vintage-look to the pics: :)

DSCF0459 (4).jpg

DSCF0462.JPG

Last edited:

Toto1234

Familiar Face
Counting down the cooler days... Trying to get a day's wear each out of my favorites before it turns to summer temps in a blink of an eye. :(

Wearing my Cossack in very nice cow today. :) I almost sold this one awhile back, due to the shoulders being just a bit snug for an extremely good price. Gathering my senses since the hides used on this are so nice, not to mention the color, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a good cool water soak. ;)

The jacket withstood me wearing a thick sweatshirt underneath while wet, and then stretching with force in every possible position standing and sitting for hours until dry.. :eek: The results as one can now see were VERY good! The jacket fits pretty damn well now, and most importantly, comfortable.. :D REALLY supple now after a good application of Pecard's to boot. Here's the pics:

View attachment 116660
View attachment 116661
View attachment 116662

View attachment 116663

that's an interesting process! how much where you able to stretch your jacket this way ?
Nice jacket BTW.

Technonut

Practically Family
that's an interesting process! how much where you able to stretch your jacket this way ?
Nice jacket BTW.

Thanks! :) The jacket fit very well before, other than slight tightness in the shoulders. I would say I gained around 1/4-3/8" of room in the body overall, leaning towards the 3/8" mark. It was just enough to save the day... :D

marmalademan

Banned
@BowsTrading have you got the side buckles fully cinched? Looks to be too long in the body bro, by quite a bit .Looking at the wsy it fits you I'm guessing you can't be taller than 5,8", am I warm?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
what do you guys think?

1. The fit looks good.

2. The jacket flares out just a touch at the bottom. Tightening the side buckles might serve to diminish this. Alternatively, you can take-in a very small amount (e.g., 1/2 inch) on the bottom few inches of each side.

3. Most importantly, clean your mirror!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot