Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Lux
20210319_162024.jpg

dwilson

A-List Customer
Cute kid. He's nailing the early 2000's boyband haircut too. Which seems popular again in the k-pop scene as well.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Rocking a "mall" brand type jacket today. When I got it, I didn't even know pigskin leather or suede was a thing. Sleeves are a little long but fits alright. View attachment 319418 View attachment 319419

Great fit overall but got to say love the plant is life theme here!

Love this gnarly old thing. Missing a couple of pulls, a snap in the collar, lining is in shreds, but it's about 80 years old and feels like second skin. I am debating whether to reline it; I almost don't want to mess with it.

View attachment 319444

Looks great! I recently got into Cals and I love the well broken in feel of the leather, lucky that both have an immaculate condition for the lining. Maybe one go for those fix whatever is broken and keep some of the original lining?

Yeah, I’m wearing an IH Chino Type II but check out Jax’s superhero tee- coolest dude in the pic

View attachment 319514

Glad you had a nice day out with the little one. If he ever gets into the leather jacket game he is set!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Thanks!

I was going to tag you in a post in the "How many new jackets..." thread. You inspired me to take the plunge on an RMC Buco J-24. After seeing your post and how amazing yours fits, I was also thinking that's jacket nirvana right there and much like yourself, that's a jacket that I always loved looking at but was always hesitant buying. I finally found one that was decently priced and in what looks to be really good condition. We'll see when it arrives.
Sorry to pick your pocket lime that

Reactions: jeo

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
grey cow pullup 1.6mm, lately feels very soft on the sleeve after 4yrs.
Screenshot_20210320-101912_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-102115_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-101954_Gallery.jpg

I dont know exactly what kind of leather this is, they say cow, and to me looks like pull up leather, not very crease happy, but has that feel that overtime it grows darker and suede feel on the elbow, no chipping on the top coat but just get burnished dark along the edges.
Screenshot_20210320-104254_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210320-105129_Gallery.jpg

Any guess about this leather look guys? Def not "oil pull" no oil pull effect, but looking like just pullup ?

Last edited:

TG3

One of the Regulars
Great fit overall but got to say love the plant is life theme here!

Haha yeah man. Was going for an indoor jungle theme in the dining room. Covid hit, working from home happened, and my dining room table became the office. So I went a little overboard and literally turned it into a jungle.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I love this jacket. The hardware color really brings it all together.

Killing it as always brotha!

Thanks man, much appreciated! I always admired brown cxl and happy to have finally gotten one. I think picking the right hardware finish is really important, like you mentioned it really completes the look. I used to always go for antique brass and I didn't like nickel especially on browns but now I changed my mind. It can really work and elevate the look of the jacket.

Fit is so good on that one!

Thanks man, I really like how this fits. The only comment I can make is that I wish the cxl they used on the sleeves could be thicker, it stretched a bit after the jacket was completely breaked in.

*For those not in the know the range of motion on these JL's are phenomenal. Over the shoulder/over the head movement has no restriction at all even with a thick leather such as CXL.

best fitting JL I've ever seen here, why do they often make big neckhole on others jacket, this one has perfect collar.

Thanks man! That's very kind of you to say.

I would not even notice those fit details if not for members like yourself. I really appreciate you pointing it out. Now that I know that, I can see what you mean in how it looks snug but not too tight. I can only say maybe because I was fitted for this? I prefer trim jackets like yourself so I always tell them to keep it slim.

This is my fave collar out of all my jackets, members have asked about them in the past too which I think is cool.

That gray cowhide looks so cool, I especially like the detail on the upper back. Crazy that's already 4 years old and still looks stiff as a board

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails