Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
50s California Sportwear steerhide halfbelt. My daily driver for the winter season.

641EDAE0-1DD5-4B89-BEF6-9C9FE0074582.jpeg

Yamahana

Practically Family
I've been largely away from here lately... been a bit busy...
CRZkb0s.jpg

9EZr6mD.jpg

m1cQSYy.jpg

c5dtR0E.jpg

I am technically wearing a jacket in these photos, plus hopefully the car is cool enough for me to post these photos :)
Congrats and Best Wishes there Dude. I’ve always liked the vintage style you’ve embraced in your wardrobe.
Words of wisdom from 42 years of marriage it’s 4 little magical words not 3..
“YOU’RE PROBABLY RIGHT DEAR”
upload_2021-12-13_6-42-25.jpeg

Coriu

One Too Many
I laugh when I hear people say "old guys don't look cool" in leather jackets. Some may not realize that the old guy not acting his age may be one of the original "guys in leather jackets."

Last week, Brigadier General Charles McGee celebrated has 102nd birthday. Born in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1919, he is one of the last living members of the legendary Tuskegee Airmen, an all African-American military aviation group which flew and fought with great distinction during World War II. He was stationed in Italy with the 302d Fighter Squadron of the 332d Fighter Group, flying his first mission on Valentine’s Day 1944.

He served for more than 30 years and flew a total of 409 combat missions in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam, one of the highest combat totals and one of the longest active-duty careers by any Air Force fighter pilot in history.

Gen. McGee faced much discrimination during his time in service, but fought for his country with honor and dignity. He has spent a lifetime inspiring others with his wisdom, goodness, and mentorship for all people to live up to their potential and to help make our communities, our country, and this world a better place.

261693658_5058669184157586_704739433531218557_n.jpg

Rawky

One of the Regulars
Thanks Gents, I was a few backyard beers in at this point and got Lucky with a decent pic

this happens to be a size 44 in lieu of my normal size 48 so down 2 sizes. It fits and I love it but I think a 46 would be slightly better for me. So yes size down 1 while hitting your desired measurements in all areas

Yeah, I'm normally a 38, but even their 34's seem a tad too big. Especially the sleeves. It's always the damn sleeves with me. :(

Thanks though. I appreciate your response.

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
My new Lost Worlds suburban 4oz HH with all the crown zipper upgrades. Picked it up about an hour ago from UPS on my way to the airport. Put it on in the car and just boarded a 4 hr flight to Anchorage, AK. This is a suit of armor, but oddly comfortable. Love it!

View attachment 387489
My mother-in-law is in Anchorage and just reported a high of 0 F today! Hope you have something to throw on top upon arrival!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes, advice, and words of encouragement! I have read each and every one of them and I appreciate them all very much. You guys make this community so wonderful and welcoming. Sorry for not replying to all comments, but I have already messed up this thread enough as it is :p

Here's some pics of a leather jacket to make up for it slightly - Freewheelers Bodie:
umRqhk3.jpg

NgWW6AT.jpg

7em6Tau.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ