Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

RL204

One of the Regulars
Iron heart N-1 deck jacket proving its worth in -30C.

E2F00A72-AF6F-477D-A459-23B9467EF571.jpeg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
What Jacket Did You Bring To The Beach Today?

My Christmas swim was challenging, with big surf and lots of wind, strange currents, rips, and jelly fish. I am workin on my freestyle at the recommendation of my favorite lifeguard, instead of the back stroke. Lots of very pale visitors up and down the beach, I keep my distance.

I think the Sportclad is my most comfortable vintage jacket, though I have to give the Californian more wear time to be sure.

Mele Kalikimaka from Kauai to all my friends on TFL

IMG_3279.JPG
IMG_3304.JPG
IMG_3343.jpeg
IMG_3384.jpeg
IMG_3397.jpeg

Last edited:

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Not today but Christmas Eve. The courier delivered this late on Thursday. Field Leathers hybrid jacket in black Pony. Greg delivered big-time. Fit is spot-on (I told him, I needed room to layer a shirt/jumper), and all the details are perfectly executed. Leather is absolutely beautiful although I was quite surprised how soft it is straight out of the box.

I have only one issue: this is very similar to my brand new Addict, so I don’t really know what to pick as my daily wearer. It’s also similar to my still relatively new Aero OHerc in Badalassi. I need to stop buying for now…

View attachment 390955 View attachment 390956
the brass with the black pony is a perfect combination. great seeing another FL custom! you have a great headache as far as picking the right black jacket to wear lol congrats on another master piece

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Love the outfit, the jacket really suits you. you need to follow it up with a brown one next time! hope you didn't have much problems after getting the booster
Thanks man, luckily I have no side effect this time, perhaps if there was some mild side effect I somehow got distracted the whole time not to feel it due to xmas. I tried canvas sneakers the first time in 23+ years, I do wish for a green over natural next time.

Dang @JMax where did you get this one? Did you rob a museum? You didn't tell me the jacket was new. It's not even broken in yet.

Maybe I'd better cancel the repro's I have on order. This can't be topped anyway.

View attachment 391138 View attachment 391137 View attachment 391139

Ha. It’s perfect isn’t it. That fit right there is why I could let it go. It is one size too small for me. Glad it is in your hands, where it will be appreciated and worn.

And yes, forget the repros. This and the Herc are amazing.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
What Jacket Did You Bring To The Beach Today?

This Steerhide Californian was a good investment to have Dena re-build, I have it cinched down pretty tight and it feels great wearing. Nobody at the beach, and no one in the water, just me doing my 1/2 mile swim in stormy weather. The water was warmer than the air, especially with the trades blowing hard. No beach chair time yesterday, and the jacket came in handy when I got out of the ocean. The jacket is perfect with a 50s Stetson, or without.
IMG_3719.JPG
IMG_3578 2.JPG
IMG_3642.JPG
IMG_3632.JPG
IMG_3648.JPG
IMG_3735.jpeg

IMG_3726.jpeg

Last edited:

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
After many try’s, I’ve finally got an EBay “Leather Jacket Bargain”..

A made in Canada halfbelt with a very Aero 30’s vibe, nicely constructed and the leather has a very shinki like feel to it. I’m sure it isn’t, but it has that stiff/firm/hard feel I associate with shinki.
{oof! that came across like ED commercial}
& The fit is good enuff for me.
C8B36D08-11B9-456E-B939-1FB65542328F.jpeg
76A3FD15-FA1F-4B23-9103-3A833929109C.jpeg
A9563E7F-A793-4390-9E39-F2E8D1CC5746.jpeg

morrison2951

Practically Family
Saw the Vanson maple Bainbridge in the classifieds yesterday. Cowhide, right?

Would either Vanson or Thurston Bros do the Bainbridge pull-up leather look in HH? Or, does Vanson no longer work with HH at all....

Digging the brown color to add to my russets Vanson HH Enfield, HH Model B and HH black Comet of old. Just no sure about the shiny look of the cowhide and would prefer HH as per my usual.

Saw the Vanson maple Bainbridge in the classifieds yesterday. Cowhide, right?

Would either Vanson or Thurston Bros do the Bainbridge pull-up leather look in HH? Or, does Vanson no longer work with HH at all....

Digging the brown color to add to my russets Vanson HH Enfield, HH Model B and HH black Comet of old. Just no sure about the shiny look of the cowhide and would prefer HH as per my usual.
Bainbridge is cowhide. It dulls up fairly quickly. I barely wore my at all and it was already less shiny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ