Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
what measurements did you go with?

I haven´t re-measured, but here are the details as discussed with Greg:

Leather: Black Shinki Pony Oil-tan
P2P: 23,5”
Shoulder 19”
Sleeves: 26”
Back: 26,5”
Olive Twill Lining, Olive thread, Hardware: Shiny Brass, 2 inside pockets Stud-closure

A very good fit, suitable for layering.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
How about this for a change: Genuine Harris Tweed Jacket to the office today. Thick and sturdy enough to qualify as Outerwear. Have the Addict with me as well for a lunchbreak walk in the drizzle.

Tweed_1.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I haven´t re-measured, but here are the details as discussed with Greg:

Leather: Black Shinki Pony Oil-tan
P2P: 23,5”
Shoulder 19”
Sleeves: 26”
Back: 26,5”
Olive Twill Lining, Olive thread, Hardware: Shiny Brass, 2 inside pockets Stud-closure

A very good fit, suitable for layering.
excellent. This is good. I'm doing some comparative math for my next jacket and what to ask for size wise. He did a good job on my Route 66, but this will be a new build, new leather, etc. etc. and I too also want a more relaxed fit. Not necessarily full blown layering because in Los Angeles it's not necessary, but definitely more than my usual tshirt only, maybe light sweatshirt or hoodie, etc.

In any case, the jacket is awesome. It doesn't give the impression of being more relaxed and that's what caught my eye.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
excellent. This is good. I'm doing some comparative math for my next jacket and what to ask for size wise. He did a good job on my Route 66, but this will be a new build, new leather, etc. etc. and I too also want a more relaxed fit. Not necessarily full blown layering because in Los Angeles it's not necessary, but definitely more than my usual tshirt only, maybe light sweatshirt or hoodie, etc.

In any case, the jacket is awesome. It doesn't give the impression of being more relaxed and that's what caught my eye.

Thank you! It´s weird, right?! It does look pretty close-fitting, yet it wears considerably more relaxed than the Addict. Softness of the leather will be a contributing factor, but cannot tell the whole story.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
A new arrival right out of the Finds & Deals page. This was indeed a "deal". Couple "flaws" that give it character but the fit is what simply stunned me putting this 9-lb jacket on the first time. "Just Leather" from San Jose, CA - Made in USA and right around $100 USD. CHP style.

I'll do a review of this soon. Much too nice a jacket for the price.

DSC_0342.JPG

DSC_0343.JPG

Hayes Nash

Familiar Face
I have the same jacket Ton just sold. Mine has about 30 to 40 days of wear now and the shine is much duller and is starting to have depth as well. I receive compliments every time I wear that one.

Good to hear! Looks alittle plastic to me when new.

I'm with you on your affinity for the vintage.

Loving my older rare Vanson HH with yet still another incoming.

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I tried on an Eastman Californian at Standard & Strange in Oakland before I moved, and liked the quality, I think it was a 46 and I decided I needed a long if I were to buy one new.

I put in a bid and won this one off The Bay and my tape has it a bit smaller than the advertised measurements. This 44 regular came in the mail yesterday and I snapped a few fit pics and headed down to the beach for a tumble in the surf. BIG waves this time of year on the East side of the island. I got tossed around good. The life guard commented on how the odd wave occasionally was breaking very far off shore. He obviously had seen me get smacked in the back by one.

I think I can wear the jacket, but it feels just a bit tight and short. The quality lives up to the reputation, with a very nice color and weight horsehide, and the construction is first rate. I may move this on for a 46 long. What say all of you, keeper or no?
IMG_3867.JPG
IMG_3978.JPG
IMG_3987.JPG
IMG_3949.JPG
IMG_3998.JPG
IMG_4105.jpeg
IMG_4128.jpeg

I tried on an Eastman Californian at Standard & Strange in Oakland before I moved, and liked the quality, I think it was a 46 and I decided I needed a long if I were to buy one new.

I put in a bid and won this one off The Bay and my tape has it a bit smaller than the advertised measurements. This 44 regular came in the mail yesterday and I snapped a few fit pics and headed down to the beach for a tumble in the surf. BIG waves this time of year on the East side of the island. I got tossed around good. The life guard commented on how the odd wave occasionally was breaking very far off shore. He obviously had seen me get smacked in the back by one.

I think I can wear the jacket, but it feels just a bit tight and short. The quality lives up to the reputation, with a very nice color and weight horsehide, and the construction is first rate. I may move this on for a 46 long. What say all of you, keeper or no? View attachment 391406 View attachment 391407 View attachment 391408 View attachment 391409 View attachment 391410 View attachment 391411 View attachment 391412
I actually think that’s your best fitting jacket! Looks perfect! They are awfully trim in the sleeves and the arm holes are super high. That’s probably where the tight feel comes in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui