Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Viking752

Practically Family
Forgot what it was like to wear leather. Schott 118

IMG_0482.jpeg

Rich22

Practically Family
View attachment 539522
View attachment 539527
View attachment 539531

The Flat Head SJR-80.

This is one of the very first "serious" leather jackets I purchased - got it at a great price off of Y!Japan many years ago in near-new condition. My first impressions back then were that it was too tight and short, and I've come very close to selling it on multiple times over the years, but in the end I opted to just wear the hell out of it.

Fast-forward a few years and, while still snug (it wins the award for being the jacket that has given me the most arm bruises during the break-in process), I find it very wearable and now I think the length is perfect for me, for this style. Live and learn :)
Length looks perfect. I'd go as far as to say that's as good a jacket and fit as you'd find on this forum!

Al 916

One Too Many
Vanson “E“ from a fellow lounger. Flawless condition with two belts and a mouton collar.
This is a tank of a jacket, and it will need to get WAY colder for me to be able to wear it.

I have been looking for this model for some time now. Thanks to @ton312 for advising on the correct size. Vanson is notoriously inconsistent between their models, and while I can go down to a 40 in some jackets, this is a 44 and had to be!

View attachment 539659 View attachment 539662
What extra did you put on your standard measures Tom? (looks great btw!) and/or @ton312? (you look great too Ton....just generally)

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
What extra did you put on your standard measures Tom? (looks great btw!) and/or @ton312? (you look great too Ton....just generally)

My experience is that I can very much trust the numbers to see if and how a jacket fits me.

I usually want to see 23"-23,5" P2P but can go down into the lower 22s if I have an action back or other "room-generating" features (underwarm-gussets etc.).

I always thought that a size 42 model "E" should fit, due to the side-lacing and the action-back. Especially with the full-side lacing, I felt that I can pretty much adjust the width of the jacket at will. @ton312 warned me off that I needed a 44, and since he tested that notion with 11 or so E´s himself, I trusted his advice.

Al 916

One Too Many
My experience is that I can very much trust the numbers to see if and how a jacket fits me.

I usually want to see 23"-23,5" P2P but can go down into the lower 22s if I have an action back or other "room-generating" features (underwarm-gussets etc.).

I always thought that a size 42 model "E" should fit, due to the side-lacing and the action-back. Especially with the full-side lacing, I felt that I can pretty much adjust the width of the jacket at will. @ton312 warned me off that I needed a 44, and since he tested that notion with 11 or so E´s himself, I trusted his advice.
Thanks Tom, it was my thought that I should up to a 46 (if I go X Zip again)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24